• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Laundering/Tax Evasion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brooke87

I suspect my boss, and possible co-worker, may be committing financial crimes such as money laundering and possible tax evasion. I have just recently been given more banking responsibilities and I'm very concerned that my boss has involved me(if it is illegal activities), without my knowledge. Could I get in trouble with the law if I know activity is going on and I don't say anything? I can't lose my job and income without having found a new one, but I don't want to do anything illegal. What should I do, Please help!!

Antigone*

I suspect my boss, and possible co-worker, may be committing financial crimes such as money laundering and possible tax evasion. I have just recently been given more banking responsibilities and I'm very concerned that my boss has involved me(if it is illegal activities), without my knowledge. Could I get in trouble with the law if I know activity is going on and I don't say anything? I can't lose my job and income without having found a new one, but I don't want to do anything illegal. What should I do, Please help!!
If I were faced with your ethical dilemma I would quietly look for another job and then quit this one. In the mean time I would not do anything illegal myself.

If this is the bosses company, he can't steal from himself, then only thing you can do is let the IRS know. If this is not the bosses company, then inform a senior executive of your suspicions

davew128

If I were faced with your ethical dilemma I would quietly look for another job and then quit this one. In the mean time I would not do anything illegal myself.

If this is the bosses company, he can't steal from himself, then only thing you can do is let the IRS know. If this is not the bosses company, then inform a senior executive of your suspicions
Actually, unless it's a tax crime, IRS has no jurisdiction over the matter. Money laundering especially in the context of a bank would fall under TIGTA's jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">