• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Most Stupid Post Contest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blazon3

I've heard lots about this contest, but I don't see the results anywhere. Am I overlooking them? :D

blazon

HomeGuru

blazon3 said:
I've heard lots about this contest, but I don't see the results anywhere. Am I overlooking them? :D

blazon
**A: the results have not been posted yet due to the Holidays.

Son of Slam

I liked the woman prison guard who was dating the male inmate.

Also, girlfriends of meth users crack me up.

Then there's the girls that got date raped 10 years ago and are just now pissed off.

I have to predict the winner will be a female.

B

blazon3

Okay, thanks.

HomeGuru -- Are you in charge of the contest?

blazon

JETX

"**A: no, but I sit on the contest advisory board."
*** Yes, and it is getting harder for us to move with you sitting on us. Move, damn it!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I AM SO PISSED OFF!

My response:

You guys are not going to believe this . . . in fact, I'm not quite sure I believe it myself.

As you know, I posted the "The Most Stupid Post" contest on the forums. But, because Calibaygirl started writing on the thread using one of her many new aliases, I deleted the thread. I had every intention of re-posting the "contest" sans that idiot's posts.

I had the original saved on my computer. However, before I could re-post it, and later that day (I think it was December 26, 2003), my hard drive suffered a catastrophic failure! Incredible!

So, I bought a new office computer (an even faster, faster, faster computer - - and I'm using it now) and had my office Tech transfer all files and data over to the new computer, thinking that I could access my files in the same manner as before.

However, and much to my chagrin and sadness, and for some unknown reason, neither I nor my Tech, is able to locate the files where the original "contest" was saved. We have tried everything we know to recover the information but, for some reason, we are unable to do so. Damn!

So, it appears that the "Most Stupid Posts of 2003" contest thread is lost to the ages.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have been desperately trying to brainstorm any possibilities to locate it for days now, and we're just unable to do so.

Oh well. December 15, 2004 is right around the corner anyway, and a new "Contest" will be posted then, with even fresher "Stupid Posts"!

IAAL

JETX

IAAL, you might try contacting MikeS. He may have a copy of it on his backup.

Other than that, it might be a fitting tribute to allow it to the wisp around the cyber-netherworld until next year.... kind of as a tribute to its 'one-of-a-kindness'.
;)

HomeGuru

That is very strange as I saw 2 separate threads.
One I did not vote on and the other I bumped up.
Both vanished.

Last edited:

dequeendistress

hmmmm....

Conspiracy!!!!

But I did print the thread....I took it with me to entertain myself while I waited at the Drs. office..maybe I still have it ;)

Last edited:

JETX

De:
If you can find the printout, send it to Hexy at BR-549 and he can have one of his minions retype it!!

H

hexeliebe

Hell, send it to me and I'll retype it myself.

I could use the laugh after hanging 72 paintings, re-caulking four bathtubs, laying tile and dealing with carpet people who wouldn't know berber if it bit them in the Ass

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">