• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion to supress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

szi

What is the name of your state? Ohio
In July of last year I was given a notice to appear in court for the charge of child endangerment- 1st degree misdemeanor. My attorney filed a motion to supress evidence, as the police officer entered my home illegally. I appeared in court in Jan. and the judge gave the prosecutor 7 days to show proof that the search of my home was legal. My attorney says that he was unable to do so, but ever since then my case has remained pending. My ex is using this as grounds for suing me for custody of my son. How long does the judge have to make a ruling on the motion to supress? :confused: It has been almost a year since the charges, and I don't know anymore now than I did then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">