• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Itry

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I attend college and I am on the Varsity Baskett ball team, one week at a party, 4 guys from the baseball team jumped me. Two weeks later myself and a few of my friends were in the neighborhood bar. Some of the guys from the baseball team were also in the bar. One of my friends called me out and said, that's one of the guy's who jumped you. I walked over to the guy struck him, busting his mouth. I was arrested and Charged with assualt , 714.1, a Serious Misdemeanor. How should I plea?

S

shell007

Itry said:
I attend college and I am on the Varsity Baskett ball team, one week at a party, 4 guys from the baseball team jumped me. Two weeks later myself and a few of my friends were in the neighborhood bar. Some of the guys from the baseball team were also in the bar. One of my friends called me out and said, that's one of the guy's who jumped you. I walked over to the guy struck him, busting his mouth. I was arrested and Charged with assualt , 714.1, a Serious Misdemeanor. How should I plea?
Guilty! :rolleyes:

averad

Itry said:
Guilty

When you filed the police report against the Basketball team for the first fight what happened?

rmet4nzkx

Itry said:
Guilty.:rolleyes:

Itry

I really didnt know if he did or didnt. I was down it was dark. I couldnt see who it was. Never the less. I did hit the guy. I am admitting that. I really felt bad afterwards. I apologized several times. Wrote a letter of apology. I need advice. not convictions.

By the way, on the first occurance I never filed a report.

averad

Itry said:
I did hit the guy. I am admitting that.
Fine here is some advice, when you go into court and are standing in front of the judge just say the above quoted sentence.

CdwJava

You have no defense. But, before you plead guilty speak to an attorney so that you know all of the possible ramifications of your act.

- Carl

N

ndecker

insanity tell the judge your crazy about smacking someone's teeth out

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">