• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

multiple FTA's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

help781

What is the name of your state? California

ok, here's the deal.

About a year ago, I was ticketed for speeding and no insurance in Chatsworth. I lost my job shortly after, and could not pay the ticket. although I had gotten an extension over the phone, I was unable to pay and it was sent to collections, and my license suspended. No warrent was issued, though I am told this will still be considered an FTA since I never appeared in court.

Roughly two and a half months ago, I was pulled over for an unsafe lane change in North Hollywood. I was ticketed for that, no insurance, and the driving on a suspended license, and released. I lost my car at auction since I could not pay the fees (I was still unemployed at the time) and because of that, I could not make the court date and tried to secure a later date online. I was given a date in August, but after thinking about how far away that is, I began investigating the site, which has a disclaimer that says it does not extend due dates?? It is the lasuperiorcourt.org website... obviously, I am going to get charged with another FTA for this... I had been living in my car, so it was difficult to avoid driving it.

since my last encounter, I have secured both a job and a place to stay.

so my question is, should I:

1. try and resolve the initial ticket that got my license suspended in chatsworth, and then take care of the other charges (to try and show some initiative)

or

2. do it all in one shot at the court house for my most recent charges

also, I was hoping I'd have a shot at getting some community service in lieu of fines so that I can save money and get my life together, and hopefully avoid jail time as this will cost me my job

am I day dreaming? my brother thinks I will be sentenced to jail time.

I also have a letter from another potential employer that will offer me a great job with excellent pay should I get my license back (what will it most likely take for THAT to happen?)

help!

TYRIS

help781 said:
What is the name of your state? California

ok, here's the deal.

About a year ago, I was ticketed for speeding and no insurance in Chatsworth. I lost my job shortly after, and could not pay the ticket. although I had gotten an extension over the phone, I was unable to pay and it was sent to collections, and my license suspended. No warrent was issued, though I am told this will still be considered an FTA since I never appeared in court.

Roughly two and a half months ago, I was pulled over for an unsafe lane change in North Hollywood. I was ticketed for that, no insurance, and the driving on a suspended license, and released. I lost my car at auction since I could not pay the fees (I was still unemployed at the time) and because of that, I could not make the court date and tried to secure a later date online. I was given a date in August, but after thinking about how far away that is, I began investigating the site, which has a disclaimer that says it does not extend due dates?? It is the lasuperiorcourt.org website... obviously, I am going to get charged with another FTA for this... I had been living in my car, so it was difficult to avoid driving it.

since my last encounter, I have secured both a job and a place to stay.

so my question is, should I:

1. try and resolve the initial ticket that got my license suspended in chatsworth, and then take care of the other charges (to try and show some initiative)

or

2. do it all in one shot at the court house for my most recent charges

also, I was hoping I'd have a shot at getting some community service in lieu of fines so that I can save money and get my life together, and hopefully avoid jail time as this will cost me my job

am I day dreaming? my brother thinks I will be sentenced to jail time.

I also have a letter from another potential employer that will offer me a great job with excellent pay should I get my license back (what will it most likely take for THAT to happen?)

help!

-You need to take care of the tickets before you even think about getting your license back.

It doesn't matter which ticket you take care of first. If they were issued in separate counties, you will have to go to that counties courthouse to take care of them. If they were issued by the same court you should be able to care of together.

Most courts will take payments for fimes, I highly doubt you will get community service.

You may want to check to make sure that the tickets have not gone to warrant stances.

Your second ticket for driving on a suspended license is a misdemeanor offense. More than likely a warrant was issued for your arrest upon missing the court date.

Tyris

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">