• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UniqueDilemma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Connecticut

Hello, I have a bit of a unique situation, of which I cannot find any law regarding. 8 years ago I was arrested for a serious crime. During such crime I was pursued in a chase from Massachusetts to Connecticut. I was finally arrested in Connecticut and charged here. I was found to be not guilty by reason of insanity in Connecticut (known as NGRI). After 5 years in a hospital I learned that Massachusetts is holding the same charges against me in that state. However I am committed to a psychiatric board here in Connecticut for another 2 and 1/2 years. Massachusetts has said that they want to be notified when I am released from said Board.
I have obtained a lawyer to represent me in MA however I am not sure of the law regarding such a situation. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what kind of right MA might have to prosecute me for the exact same crime/situation.
Also, I have the opportunity to apply for a state job (of which I have a good chance of obtaining) here in CT. The employee for this job will be hired fairly soon, much sooner than I can get my situation in MA resolved. Am I allowed to hold a state position whilst I have pending charges in another state? I appreciate any helpful ideas, comments or answers I can get on this subject. Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">