• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Municipal Code

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salbert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Does municipal code fall under only criminal in a class C citation for code violations?
In texas law it states that only a peace officer may enforce criminal actions including class c citations, Can a code officer legally write class C citations without bieng a peace officer? The prosecutor in the case argued vigurously that this was only criminal not civil(even though the remedy for the city to enforce a code violation is a lein on the property) and that they did not have to do any administartive civil proccedures in my case, that it was strictly under Texas criminal proceedures.
I was treated unfairly from the begining and all 6 motions i filed were denied by the judge and the prosecutor Not once answered back written. He did not let me introduce evidence that i was a party to selective enforcement and selective discrimination and had no mercy on me bieng pro-se...

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Does municipal code fall under only criminal in a class C citation for code violations?
In texas law it states that only a peace officer may enforce criminal actions including class c citations, Can a code officer legally write class C citations without bieng a peace officer? The prosecutor in the case argued vigurously that this was only criminal not civil(even though the remedy for the city to enforce a code violation is a lein on the property) and that they did not have to do any administartive civil proccedures in my case, that it was strictly under Texas criminal proceedures.
I was treated unfairly from the begining and all 6 motions i filed were denied by the judge and the prosecutor Not once answered back written. He did not let me introduce evidence that i was a party to selective enforcement and selective discrimination and had no mercy on me bieng pro-se...
**A: that's one of the major drawbacks of going at it pro se; you have no knowledge of the court system and the rules of civil procedure. You were at a gross disadvantage. The playing field was not the least bit level. How did you determine that you could represent yourself in the court of law and specifically deal with both criminal and civil issues?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">