• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it murder?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat1954

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am not an attorney if I was I would hope that I would know the answer to the question, so if going to a legal forum is the wrong place to look for answers to legal questions please say so and maybe give me an idea where I might be able to look up this answer on my own. This is not a homework question for Mr. Kingfields law class.

A woman called police, said she shot her boyfriend a few days ago, and says his body is in the bathtub. Police go to the bath tub where they find a man with bullet holes in him. Does a definitive cause of death have to be determined before the woman can be charged with murder? Or can she be charged with murder based on the body with bullet holes and her confession without the court knowing for sure what the actual cause of death may have been?

pat1954

Sorry, I thought I came to a site to get some legal answers from people with a working knowledge of the law and all I found was clowns.

I'll look elsewhere thanks for your help.

Pat

quincy

Umm, Pat, John Houseman is NOT the only Mr. Kingsfield in the world (although he might have been the only one to PLAY a Mr. Kingsfield in the movies), so your reference to Kingsfield, while clever, is not nearly as clever as you thought. Plus not everyone has seen Paper Chase. ;)

For future reference, the really really really smart law students know enough to disguise their homework questions as real legal problems so they have a chance of getting them answered on this site, since this site deals with real legal problems and not hypotheticals.

Good luck with your research.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Umm, Pat, John Houseman is NOT the only Mr. Kingsfield in the world (although he might have been the only one to PLAY a Mr. Kingsfield in the movies), so your reference to Kingsfield, while clever, is not nearly as clever as you thought. Plus not everyone has seen Paper Chase.
I actually was a big fan of Paper Chase. It's still the worst homework denial I ever saw, pretty much for the reasons you state, Quincy. Big fan of Quincy, too, for that matter.

HomeGuru

Sorry, I thought I came to a site to get some legal answers from people with a working knowledge of the law and all I found was clowns.

I'll look elsewhere thanks for your help.

Pat
**A: thanks. You just lost your chance at getting a legal answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">