• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Murder threat. Need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Opatton2014

Someone threatened to murder my husband today. With witnesses. His wife and myself were both present when the threat was made, not to mention that he called and did his best to slander his wife's name for some drama that didn't even happen. He made the same threat against my husband to his grandmother-in-law and his father-in-law, as well as a few other people in our circle of friends. He told him, "Your days are numbered. You're a dead man walking. Im going to kill you the next time I see you. You'll be dead within a week." He has also threatened to blow up the house we are living in. What can I do?

Proserpina

Someone threatened to murder my husband today. With witnesses. His wife and myself were both present when the threat was made, not to mention that he called and did his best to slander his wife's name for some drama that didn't even happen. He made the same threat against my husband to his grandmother-in-law and his father-in-law, as well as a few other people in our circle of friends. He told him, "Your days are numbered. You're a dead man walking. Im going to kill you the next time I see you. You'll be dead within a week." He has also threatened to blow up the house we are living in. What can I do?
What did the police say when you reported the threat?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then don't you think reporting it to the police ought to be your next step? If you feel that the threat is creditable, you should have done that BEFORE posting on a message board.

Opatton2014

Reporting it could cause a lot of unnecessary family drama. My father is Chief of Police. So its kinda hard to walk up to him and tell him all of this and expect him to keep his cool. Regardless, doesn't Mississippi have Castle Law still?

Proserpina

Reporting it could cause a lot of unnecessary family drama. My father is Chief of Police. So its kinda hard to walk up to him and tell him all of this and expect him to keep his cool. Regardless, doesn't Mississippi have Castle Law still?
Then what on earth do you expect us to do about it?

Call the police already. Or, don't.

Most people would have done that before going through the hassle of registering on a legal forum.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh so your husband wants to be able to kill the other guy, huh? Good grief. Sounds like a bunch of people need to grow up.

eerelations

Oh so your husband wants to be able to kill the other guy, huh? Good grief. Sounds like a bunch of people need to grow up.
OP, so killing the guy won't cause a lot of family drama? Or less family drama than calling the police? Really?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">