• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My car was wrongly towed by Police and ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HeLpMe111

What is the name of your state? ma

What is the name of your state? MASS.

On dec. 9, 2006, at aproxinately 4:00am i was pulled over by the police and my car and license plates were taking away. The initial reason the officer pulled me over was because i ran a stop sign. later she ran my plates and told me there was going to be a problem. There were 4 cruisers presents and the charges on the citations are...vehicle is unregistered,had no insurance, defective equipment, running stop sign and they wrote me up for attaching plates.
heres the story. The car was sold to me by my freind on the same day at aroung 6-7pm. it was a saturday and the registry and the insurance is closed. i had the title in the car and left the bill of sale at home in a different jacket. the plates were actually my plates and did belong to me and still had insurance on it. the officers that were present i guess weren't aware of the 7 day grace period statue and decided to tow my car away. they ran my plates and the car vin and i just don't understand why my car was towed. anyways one of the sageant was quite rude. he told me there is no roadside negotioations and that this is an arrestable matter. i kept telling him i had the paperwork at home and i was 10 mins away from my house. he didn't cut me no slack.
on Dec 10, 2006 i went to the plouce station and spoke with the sargeant supervisor that was on duty. i had along with me Bill of Sale, title, and a print out of the 7 day grace peroid from the RMV. he verified all the info. and told me that he was going to return my plates and my car (which he did).
As a result now, i end up paying $125 to get my car back and i need to go to court still for these charges. Is there anything i can do to get my money back? can i file compaints for the negligence of the officer/officers? When i asked to recover the tow fee he told me to just eat it. This is not right and is outrageous. please HELP ME and tell me what my options are.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">