• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My daughter is being harassed by the D.A

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

urmysunshine1

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I know this is really long, but please read. Thanks

My daughter is bipolar and has an anxiety disorder. She is 17 years old and has been suffering from depression since she was in second grade. She has never been a bad kid just very emotional. She doesn't do drugs, smoke, drink, and isn't sexually active. She stays at home most of the time and occasionally spends the night at her friends house. All and all she is a good girl and has never been in any trouble.
She sees a Psychiatrist regularly for her depression. She also sees a private psychologist and a psychologist through the school once a week.
In October her psychologist had her admitted to the hospital because she was having suicidal thoughts, feelings of hopelessness and she had been cutting herself with a knife. She was hospitalized for 5 days, put on a new medication and sent home. When she got home she had a severe reaction to the medication and had to be taken off of it abruptly. I kept her home for 4 more days. She begged me to let her go back to school because she was afraid that she was going to fail the quarter if she missed anymore school. Her mood seemed stable so I agreed.
She had a rough time that day and felt very irritable towards the end of the day. She got on the school bus to go home and was informed by the bus driver that he had reassigned seats while she was gone. He told her to go to her old seat and to move if someone came to sit in that seat. When she did the girl across from her rudely told her she had to move because it wasn't her seat anymore. My daughter told her she knew that, but the girl continued to bother her about it. The medication she had been on made her sensitive to sound and now being off of it made everything seem extra loud and irritating to her. My daughter began to get irritated by the girl and told her to shut up. The girl swore at her. My daughter lost control and hit her 3-4 times. My daughter realized what she had done and began crying because she couldn't believe what she had done. When she got home she was extremely upset but managed to tell me the story. Fifteen minutes later the girls mother called me. I apologized to her and tried to explain the situation to her. She seemed understanding. The next day I got a call from the principal and My daughter was suspended from school for 10 days. A week after she returned to school, my daughter saw the girl and apologized to her, and the girl accepted her apology. She tried her hardest to let the girl know she was sorry for her actions, by complimenting her on her Halloween costume, and smiling at her in the hallways.
(I am very proud of her for her attempts of reconciliation)

Four months later a week before my daughters 17th birthday a sheriff came to our door and served her with a summons to court. It said that she was being sued by the state of Wisconsin. The charges were Criminal Abuse of a child. The state had the wrong birth year on the report. It said that she was born in 1985 instead of 1986. Which would have made her 18 on her court date. (she was 16 at the time of the incident.) My daughter was frightened and upset by the charges.
We went to court on her court date a month later. The girl and her family were there also. We had no legal representation. My husband went up with my daughter before the Judge and informed him of the birth date mistake and also told him that we had a letter from our daughters doctor. The Judge asked my daughter how old she was now and then asked how old she was at the time of the incident. She told him she was 17 now and 16 at the time, and then he asked the girl how old she was now and at the time of the incident. She replied 16 now and 15 at the time. He then asked the D.A why my daughter had been brought into adult court. He also said that my daughter couldn't be charged with these charges. She should have been brought to juvenile court and the most she could be charged with was battery. The D.A said he hadn't had the chance to go over the papers, that his assistant did the paper work... and that he would like to meet again in two weeks. He then asked us to wait until after court so he could talk with us. We agreed to wait.
When we went down to his office the girl and her family followed us and they were taken to a room . The D.A. spoke with them and made us wait for 30 minutes. When we were finally called into a room, he made my daughter wait outside. He asked us if our daughter was already involved the juvenile system. We told him she had never been in trouble before. He seemed surprised by that. He said that he was told by the girl that My daughter was always in fights and beating people up. I told him that it wasn't true and if it was true she would have been expelled from school by now. He also told us that the girl said that my daughter gives her dirty and threatening looks in the hallways. I told him this wasn't true.(My daughter said that when the girl is with her friends in the halls they always snicker whisper and give "her" dirty looks) I told him this and he said, " The girl" seems like a nice young lady and that he has no reason to not believe her. He told us to warn our daughter that if she does anything to the girl again he would file charges against her and she would be severely punished. He then said that "we,"my husband and I are not always around and that we don't always see what's going on with her...We tried to explain our daughters medical history to him, he didn't want to hear it. He said he wanted her to be enrolled in a state run program for "problem" kids. We told him she sees three doctors for her emotional problems already. He said if we agree to it he may drop the charges. The next day I received a call from the school guidance councilor and went to his office for a meeting. He said that he received a request from the D.A's office to enroll her in the program. I signed the papers. We were told to call the D.A on Wednesday. During the conversation with the D.A, my husband was told that if he found out that my daughter missed any meetings he would file charges against her.

My daughter is on spring break this week and has had a babysitting job. The woman she baby sits for received a phone call from a friend telling her that she heard on the radio today that My daughter was being charged with criminal abuse of a child and is due in court to face charges on Monday (that is the day we were suppose to go back to court) In Wisconsin they announce any local criminal activity and the court date over the radio. The woman asked my daughter about this and wanted to hear her side of the story. My daughter explained but was humiliated and may have lost her job because of this. We live in a small town, her reputation has been ruined.
I feel like my daughter is being treated like a criminal and her side has never been heard. She knows that what she did to the girl was wrong. She was punished by the school by being suspended for 10 days, she failed the quarter for missing too many days, she apologized to the girl for her actions, she has been publicly humiliated, frightened by having to sit through adult court where she shouldn't have been in the first place with murderers and rapists, threatened by the D.A. who thinks she is a bully and a brut. She is being traumatized by all of this.

She has been on new medication which is working well, and is feeling better than she has ever felt in her life. But every time she begins to feel better something with this situation happens to throw her back into a depressed state. I'm afraid she will become depressed again over all of this and hurt her self because of it.

Something has to be done to put and end to all of this.I don't know how much more she can take. Is there anything I can do legally? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Last edited:

H

hmmbrdzz

urmysunshine1 said:
I know this is really long, but please read. Thanks

My daughter is bipolar and has an anxiety disorder. She is 17 years old and has been suffering from depression since she was in second grade. She has never been a bad kid just very emotional. She doesn't do drugs, smoke, drink, and isn't sexually active. She stays at home most of the time and occasionally spends the night at her friends house. All and all she is a good girl and has never been in any trouble.
She sees a Psychiatrist regularly for her depression. She also sees a private psychologist and a psychologist through the school once a week.
In October her psychologist had her admitted to the hospital because she was having suicidal thoughts, feelings of hopelessness and she had been cutting herself with a knife. She was hospitalized for 5 days, put on a new medication and sent home. When she got home she had a severe reaction to the medication and had to be taken off of it abruptly. I kept her home for 4 more days. She begged me to let her go back to school because she was afraid that she was going to fail the quarter if she missed anymore school. Her mood seemed stable so I agreed.

*** A: There were many, many warning signs already to you (parents). Do you understand bipolar? If not, you need to educate yourself on it. Bipolar children can get very violent, and if she was hospitalized during "decompensation" (suicidal thoughts), and if her medication caused a severe reaction AFTER she had been stablized in the hospital and was then released from the hospital -- I have to ask you this: What kind of severe reaction did she have, and did you opt to stop this medication without advising the psychiatrist that it was being stopped, and if
so -- did the psychiatrist OK this and advise her to return to school without attempting another medication? If so, she needs another psychiatrist.

If this was a decision on your own (to stop the medication and allow her to return to school unmedicated), you need to understand that your daughter is not able to judge her illness and make decisions, and you, as the parent, need to enforce her compliance instead of feeling sorry for her and giving in to what she demands. Feeling sorry for her is OK to a point, but do not let your emotions overrule your good judgment with respect to how serious a diagnosis of bipolar is and how dangerous this mental disorder can be if the patient (your daughter) is not medicated.

========================

She had a rough time that day and felt very irritable towards the end of the day. She got on the school bus to go home and was informed by the bus driver that he had reassigned seats while she was gone. He told her to go to her old seat and to move if someone came to sit in that seat. When she did the girl across from her rudely told her she had to move because it wasn't her seat anymore. My daughter told her she knew that, but the girl continued to bother her about it. The medication she had been on made her sensitive to sound and now being off of it made everything seem extra loud and irritating to her. My daughter began to get irritated by the girl and told her to shut up. The girl swore at her. My daughter lost control and hit her 3-4 times. My daughter realized what she had done and began crying because she couldn't believe what she had done. When she got home she was extremely upset but managed to tell me the story. Fifteen minutes later the girls mother called me. I apologized to her and tried to explain the situation to her. She seemed understanding. The next day I got a call from the principal and My daughter was suspended from school for 10 days. A week after she returned to school, my daughter saw the girl and apologized to her, and the girl accepted her apology. She tried her hardest to let the girl know she was sorry for her actions, by complimenting her on her Halloween costume, and smiling at her in the hallways.
(I am very proud of her for her attempts of reconciliation)

****A: Bipolars can be friendly, they can be convincing, they are smart, and they can be violent regardless of their good qualities. It's good that you're proud of her, but do understand that she will get violent if not medicated, and this is not anyone's fault but hers if she chooses not to take her medication. She has not been deemed mentally incompetent, and she is therefore legally responsible for her actions and can be prosecuted.

=================================

Four months later a week before my daughters 17th birthday a sheriff came to our door and served her with a summons to court. It said that she was being sued by the state of Wisconsin. The charges were Criminal Abuse of a child. The state had the wrong birth year on the report. It said that she was born in 1985 instead of 1986. Which would have made her 18 on her court date. (she was 16 at the time of the incident.) My daughter was frightened and upset by the charges.
We went to court on her court date a month later. The girl and her family were there also. We had no legal representation.

***A: You didn't have legal representation then, but if you want your daughter to get the best representation, you should consider consulting with and securing an attorney in the future if she breaks the law again.

=========================================

My husband went up with my daughter before the Judge and informed him of the birth date mistake and also told him that we had a letter from our daughters doctor. The Judge asked my daughter how old she was now and then asked how old she was at the time of the incident. She told him she was 17 now and 16 at the time, and then he asked the girl how old she was now and at the time of the incident. She replied 16 now and 15 at the time. He then asked the D.A why my daughter had been brought into adult court. He also said that my daughter couldn't be charged with these charges. She should have been brought to juvenile court and the most she could be charged with was battery. The D.A said he hadn't had the chance to go over the papers, that his assistant did the paper work... and that he would like to meet again in two weeks. He then asked us to wait until after court so he could talk with us. We agreed to wait.
When we went down to his office the girl and her family followed us and they were taken to a room . The D.A. spoke with them and made us wait for 30 minutes. When we were finally called into a room, he made my daughter wait outside. He asked us if our daughter was already involved the juvenile system. We told him she had never been in trouble before. He seemed surprised by that.

***A: The DA is very aware that bipolar disorder and violent behavior go hand in hand. And he is correct, and you need to understand that his stance is proper because your daughter WILL hurt someone and will possibly kill someone.

==========================================

He said that he was told by the girl that My daughter was always in fights and beating people up. I told him that it wasn't true and if it was true she would have been expelled from school by now. He also told us that the girl said that my daughter gives her dirty and threatening looks in the hallways. I told him this wasn't true.

***A: You do not know that what the DA told you is not true.

========================================

(My daughter said that when the girl is with her friends in the halls they always snicker whisper and give "her" dirty looks) I told him this and he said, " The girl" seems like a nice young lady and that he has no reason to not believe her.

***A: I hate to tell you this, but you should consider that your daughter is lying. She has every reason to because she is in trouble.

==========================================

He told us to warn our daughter that if she does anything to the girl again he would file charges against her and she would be severely punished. He then said that "we,"my husband and I are not always around and that we don't always see what's going on with her...We tried to explain our daughters medical history to him, he didn't want to hear it. He said he wanted her to be enrolled in a state run program for "problem" kids. We told him she sees three doctors for her emotional problems already. He said if we agree to it he may drop the charges. The next day I received a call from the school guidance councilor and went to his office for a meeting. He said that he received a request from the D.A's office to enroll her in the program. I signed the papers. We were told to call the D.A on Wednesday. During the conversation with the D.A, my husband was told that if he found out that my daughter missed any meetings he would file charges against her.

***A: This is exactly what should be happening. Your daughter has already struck another child and is a real threat to society. She MUST be monitored strictly and kept in control, and this DA needs to ensure that's what's happening.

===========================================
(continued on next page)

hmmbrdzz

H

hmmbrdzz

urmysunshine1 said:

My daughter is on spring break this week and has had a babysitting job. The woman she baby sits for received a phone call from a friend telling her that she heard on the radio today that My daughter was being charged with criminal abuse of a child and is due in court to face charges on Monday (that is the day we were suppose to go back to court) In Wisconsin they announce any local criminal activity and the court date over the radio. The woman asked my daughter about this and wanted to hear her side of the story. My daughter explained but was humiliated and may have lost her job because of this.

***A: You, as the parent, should not allow your daughter to be babysitting. (Perhaps bad judgement on your part due to ignorance of your daughter's mental disorder). With a diagnosis of bipolar and charges of battery, she should not be in a position where she is responsible for children -- period.

===========================================

We live in a small town, her reputation has been ruined.
I feel like my daughter is being treated like a criminal and her side has never been heard. She knows that what she did to the girl was wrong. She was punished by the school by being suspended for 10 days, she failed the quarter for missing too many days, she apologized to the girl for her actions, she has been publicly humiliated, frightened by having to sit through adult court where she shouldn't have been in the first place with murderers and rapists, threatened by the D.A. who thinks she is a bully and a brut. She is being traumatized by all of this.

She has been on new medication which is working well, and is feeling better than she has ever felt in her life. But every time she begins to feel better something with this situation happens to throw her back into a depressed state. I'm afraid she will become depressed again over all of this and hurt her self because of it.

Something has to be done to put and end to all of this.I don't know how much more she can take. Is there anything I can do legally? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
***A: There is nothing you can do legally to protect your daughter from "humilation" brought on by her own actions. You can do everything as a parent, though, to ensure she remains on her medication and closely monitored by the psychiatrist. When you minimize (or if you continue to minimize) what she has done, you are actually empowering her to do things that will ultimately bring harm to her, to others, and might put her in prison. If you see she is depressed, then get her to the doctor if you can. Support her efforts to help herself and to be responsible for her actions.

I hope you don't think I've been too "hard" on you. I'm a nurse, I have worked in psychiatric nursing, and I have worked for the prison department. There are many, many bipolars in prison. Bipolars can be managed with medication, and they can live good lives IF they remain stable with medication. Without it, they can get in a whole lot of trouble in a very short period of time.

You will be doing her a disservice, in my opinion, to attempt to dispute what the DA is doing at this point. I encourage you to speak with her psychiatrist and get some assistance as to how you can get a better understanding of your daughter's condition, how it's treated, what the symptoms of "decompensation" are (i.e. depression, suicide thoughts), and how you can help her during these times. I think by doing this, this will help you and her in a better way and for the long haul. It's humilating for her now (and probably for you as the parents), but with time and by living right, she will get over this humiliation, and within a few years time it will be all but forgotten about in that small town. And if it's not, then so be it. Hang in there.

hmmbrdzz

H

hmmbrdzz

And yes -- definitely, as Home Guru said, get her an attorney.
(I was so busy writing, I didn't see his post!)

hmmbrdzz

U

urmysunshine1

Re: Re: My daughter is being harassed by the D.A

hmmbrdzz said:
First of all I want to thank you for your reply. Second I want to apologize for my lengthy reply back to you. lol I would have rather e-mailed it to you but you don't have an email address on your profile. So here goes. Thanks so much for your time.
You said...
The DA is very aware that bipolar disorder and violent behavior go hand in hand. And he is correct, and you need to understand that his stance is proper because your daughter WILL hurt someone and will possibly kill someone.

A: The D.A knew nothing about my daughter other than what the girl told him about her. (The girl didn't even know my daughter before the incident.) He had no knowledge of her medical problems. The first time we ever spoke to him was in his office after court. We informed him of her problems at that time. He has never met or spoken to my daughter and is going strictly on what the girl has told him about her, and because of this he has made up his mind that she is a bully that is in trouble all the time. Which is not true.

This is exactly what should be happening. Your daughter has already struck another child and is a real threat to society. She MUST be monitored strictly and kept in control, and this DA needs to ensure that's what's happening

A: I know that you are right when you said that the D.A can't be too carful in cases like this. I agree with you. If it was my child that was hit I would hope he would be as protective of her. But what ever happened to mediation? If the girls had been brought together to talk after the incident this would all be over and the state could have saved time and money. (I told him this too.)

Bipolars can be friendly, they can be convincing, they are smart, and they can be violent regardless of their good qualities. She has not been deemed mentally incompetent, and she is therefore legally responsible for her actions and can be prosecuted.

You do not know that what the DA told you is not true.

I hate to tell you this, but you should consider that your daughter is lying. She has every reason to because she is in trouble.

A: She has never been a coniving or manipulative child. She is always truthful with me because I have never given her a reason not to be. When children lie it is because they fear the conciquences. I have always told my children if they are honest with me the consequences will not be as bad as the would be if I found out they have lied about it. They know they can always be honest with me. I would rather hear it from them that to find out about it from someone else. She has never felt uncomfortable talking to me about anything. We talk about the problem or situation and I help her, to find a solution to rectify it herself .
She admits when she's wrong and takes full blame for her actions when shes done something. She may not always like the punishment she gets but she accepts it. I'm not saying my daughter is a saint, and I am not a perfect parent or a parent that thinks my child can do no wrong, believe me, but she knows that I trust and respect her and she wouldn't want to loose that.

When you minimize (or if you continue to minimize) what she has done, you are actually empowering her to do things that will ultimately bring harm to her, to others, and might put her in prison. If you see she is depressed, then get her to the doctor if you can. Support her efforts to help herself and to be responsible for her actions.
A:I am not trying to minimize what she did, honestly. I hope I didn't sound that way. No one deserves to be hit or attacked by anyone for any reason. She is aware that what she did was wrong, took responsibility for her actions, she took her punishment, and tried to make amends with the girl by apologizing for her actions.
Four months later it gets brought up again and she is punished again. Then she was publicly humiliated after the case was dropped. I just don't feel it was right.

You, as the parent, should not allow your daughter to be babysitting. (Perhaps bad judgement on your part due to ignorance of your daughter's mental disorder). With a diagnosis of bipolar and charges of battery, she should not be in a position where she is responsible for children -- period.

A: As far as her babysitting goes, if I or the doctor thought she was a threat to a child we would NEVER alow her to babysit. She loves children and the children love her. She is not psychotic. She would never harm a child she babysits in any way.

Bipolars can be managed with medication, and they can live good lives IF they remain stable with medication. Without it, they can get in a whole lot of trouble in a very short period of time.
It's good that you're proud of her, but do understand that she will get violent if not medicated, and this is not anyone's fault but hers if she chooses not to take her medication.

I have read evey thing I could get my hands on about bipolar. I understand her condition and do know how serious it is. She would be classified as a bipolar II I believe. She has never had a full blown manic episode. She is depressed and has mood swings, but has never beeen violent like this before.
She had been doing well on her medication prior to he hospitalization, and she is doing well now.
An incident happened a week before she was put in the hospital that that upset her and caused her to fall back into her depressed state... A boy she had dated a few times called her and broke up with her for another girl. It was the first time she had dated. She was hurt and felt worthless. Most of us could bounce back from this but she was devistated by it.
She told her pycologist how she was feeling,and the phycologist was concern about some of the things she had said. She felt that my daughter may unintentionally do harm to herself that is why she was hospitalized.
As a nurse I am sure you have heard of cutting, self mutilation and self injury. She couldn't handle the pain inside of her but she could handle and deal with the external pain of cutting herself. ( I went through a bout of this myself when I was in High school so, I can understand how she feels) She has had therapy for this problem, has learned why she does it, other ways to deal with it, and hasn't done it for some time now.

What kind of severe reaction did she have, and did you opt to stop this medication without advising the psychiatrist that it was being stopped, and if so -- did the psychiatrist OK this and advise her to return to school without attempting another medication? If so, she needs another psychiatrist.

A:Her reaction to the medication was that she broke out in hives, huge welts from head to toe. She was under 2 doctors care at the time. The one from the hospital, and her regular psychiatrist. I called her psychiatrist first and he had just left out of the country for one week. His nurse told me that she was having an allergic reaction to the new medication and she had to be taken off of it right away because her throat could close and she could stop breathing. I then called the psychiatrist at the hospital to conferm this. He agreed that it should be stopped imidiately, and to continue taking her regular medications, an antidepressent, an anti-anxity medication. The medication that they gave her in the hospital was an anticonvulsant drug. (not sure of the spelling sorry) to help her deal with her suicidal feelings, and to keep her from harming herself. It's used to slow the brain, I think. It seemed to make music sound slower and lower in pitch to her too.
Before I sent her to school she was feeling fine and I felf she could handle going back to classes. She had never been violent towards anyone before and I had no reason to think that she would be. Neither of us realized how stressful the day would be for her. The withdrawls of the medication made her touchier that normal. Neither of us saw this at home. If I had I would have never sent her back to school. Being in the school setting with the noise etc... overwhelmed her and stressed her out. She knows now that she should have called me to come and pick her up. She made it through the day and felt she could make it home on the bus. The added stress of having her seat change, and the girl going on and on nagging about her having to move, then cussing at her was her breaking point. She took responsibility for her actions after that day and tried to make amends for it. The girl acepted her apology but then called her "phyco b**ch" when she was with her friends in the hallways. My daughter was hurt by the words but ignored them.
She has been under a doctors care since second grade. We moved here 2 years ago and found this new doctor. He has helped her more than any other doctor she has ever seen. He made the diagnosis of "possible" bipolar just last summer, and has done so much to help us understand it. The more I read about it the more I believe it's the right diagnosis. The new medication she is on has been working wonderfully so far. She was understandably upset and crying over having her name anounces over the radio this week and by being questioned about it by the woman she babysits for but, she bounced back from it intsead of falling apart. So I believe it is working well.

I hope you don't think I've been too "hard" on you.
A: No, I apreaciate you reply, thank you.

U

urmysunshine1

hmmbrdzz said:
You've probably read 100 articles on bipolar, but I thought I'd give you these two URL's below. (They seemed pretty good).

Again, I would encourage you to consider letting this drop (the issue with the DA) and consider that "pushing" it might escalate everything when it would be best for your daughter to just let it die out.

Best of luck.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/p960531.html

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000915/1343.html

hmmbrdzz
You're probably right hmmbrdzz. The last thing she needs is for me to make things worse for her. The only thing I am concerned with right now is her well being. Thank you for listening to me about all of this. I know I've rambled on a bit. (Sorry.) I have really been upset and worried.
I feel better now that I have gotten it off my chest. Thank you again.

U

urmysunshine1

I want to thank you too HomeGuru for replying to my post. I would like to hire a private attorney for her just to see what her rights are, but we can't afford it. (That is why I'm here.) I know it would probably be useless to fight the D.A. in this matter. I know what my daughter did was wrong, she knows it too. I am not trying to minimize the severity what she did but, I just feel so angry about how this whole thing was handled. He (the D.A) waited until what he thought was her 18th birthday, (4 months after the incident) He filed adult charges against her. A felony! "criminal abuse of a child"??? The girl was 9 months younger than her! Then he denied filing the paper work to the judge when his signature was on the paper work and blamed it on his assistant. For some one that says he hadn't even read the report, he sure had a lot to say about my daughter when we met with him. He has never even met her! He was rude to me and my husband, acted as if my daughter was some kind of monster scum, and is forcing her to enroll in a program for problem kids. The meetings for this group are in another city some 70 miles from our home, one way! And if she doesn't go, he has threatened to press charges against her. My husband and I struggle to pay the bills and keep food on the table as it is, now we have to spend gas money that we honestly can't afford, to drive her there, and who knows how many times a week and for how long. When we were in the court room the Judge seemed disgusted by the way things were done. Wrong birthdate, wrong charges, and wrong court room. He even made a comment that the D.A was going to have a hard time filing this one.
To top it all off, the D.A.'s office release her name to the radio station saying that she was being charged with "criminal abuse of a child" AFTER the judge said she couldn't be charged with that. He (D.A) also told us he would drop the charges of battery if we agreed to enroll her in this program. I filled out paper work for it the very next day in her guidance counselor office. That was almost 2 weeks ago. The anouncement was made on the radio, just yesterday.
I don't want to make things worse for her by pursuing this but... this just doesn't seem right. This is her first offense. She has never been in any trouble before this. I know of a kid that has been charged with battery, more than once. He got a warning the first time and received probation and a fine for the second offense. And he beat kids so badly they had to go to the emergency room! Seems to me that the D.A has a grudge against her for some reason. Who knows, maybe he is related to the girl she hit.
Oh well, Thanks for listening.

H

hmmbrdzz

Hi Urmysunshine: You don't have to apologize for a thing.
I know it's been an extremely difficult situation for you. I've got a few suggestions I'm going to pass your way 1) when you want to stand up for your daughter and beat the DA up (and do so safely), you might consider writing a letter to him on your word processor (or by hand, whichever you prefer), but of course never mailing it! (and don't let your daughter see it) 2) I did search for some support forums on bipolar, and there are bunches of them. Here are a few (below). They might give you an outlet, too.

I hope your daughter will remain well-stablized with the medication she is taking now, and I hope her ups and downs will be "little ones". You hang in there, too, and if you ever need to come back and spout, feel free.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/bipolarnoise/support.html

http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Mania.html

http://bipolar.about.com/blpersonnel.htm

hmmbrdzz

U

urmysunshine1

hmmbrdzz said:
Hi Urmysunshine: You don't have to apologize for a thing.
I know it's been an extremely difficult situation for you. I've got a few suggestions I'm going to pass your way 1) when you want to stand up for your daughter and beat the DA up (and do so safely), you might consider writing a letter to him on your word processor (or by hand, whichever you prefer), but of course never mailing it! (and don't let your daughter see it) 2) I did search for some support forums on bipolar, and there are bunches of them. Here are a few (below). They might give you an outlet, too.

I hope your daughter will remain well-stablized with the medication she is taking now, and I hope her ups and downs will be "little ones". You hang in there, too, and if you ever need to come back and spout, feel free.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl5/bipolarnoise/support.html

http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Mania.html

http://bipolar.about.com/blpersonnel.htm

hmmbrdzz

Hey, Great suggestion! lol I will have to try that! It might just work.
Thanks for the info on the bipolar support forums. I will definately try them too.

Thanks so much!
Take care!

H

hmmbrdzz

TB185 said:
I got a headache from reading sooooo much!
========================
Well gee wiz. That was kind of a "stupid" thing to do, wasn't it? (To sit there and read until you gave yourself a headache and then announce that you gave yourself a headache.) Are you asking for advice on that problem? I'm assuming you're female since men don't ever complain of having headaches. OK, then, here's some information for my girlfriend with a headache. (This is not intended for men.)

Can you believe that Progesterone (in the CREAM form) can decrease migraine headaches. Well, it can (at least from what some claim!) I wouldn't ever contemplate it or attempt it (I'd merely take two aspirin -- not Tylenol, though because it's rough on the liver). But from what I've read this morning on "preventing headaches" :D , you must choose the progesterone cream carefully, though, and know where and how to apply it for headache relief.

Where, therefore you ask, does one apply it. (I'm getting ready to tell you -- just hold on.)

All natural Progesterone is made from yams or soy because soy and yams contain a diosgenin (that's a molecule that has the base molecule of progesterone. ) BUT (here‘s where it gets tricky), the progesterone cream CANNOT contain any mineral oil because mineral oil will block the absorption of it. The almighty progesterone cream, therefore, should contain vegetable oil. BUT -- the vegetable oil based progesterone cream should NOT contain the common preservatives Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben or any of the related Parabens because they mimic ESTROGEN, and estrogen can cause your uterus to get REAL BIG and can cause breast cancer, too. The cream should ALSO NOT contain certain herbs, nor should it contain stearal konium chloride because that sh** is toxic and can make you REAL SICK (fatal convulsions).

Since the ovaries produces about 20 mg of progesterone per day, and the placenta produces about 400 mg of progesterone per day, the therapeutic range of progesterone is HUGE. BUT -- if you apply too little of the appropriate vegetable oil based cream, you will get no headache relief (supposedly). If you apply too much, though, you may get shortness of breath and become depressed and confused (that's not good).

The correct dose of progesterone in the skin cream is 500 mg/oz -1000 mg/oz. Initially, (supposedly) you can load your body up with 60-70 mg/day for symptoms of migraine headache, and since you’re going to be using the progesterone cream that has a VEGETABLE OIL base, you also apply a small amount under your tongue. (yukko)

Summary: Use only NATURAL progesterone (not the yam and soy extract progesterone) for relief of migraine headaches. Avoid the parabens, avoid the mineral oil, avoid the stereal konium chloride. Get the whopping concentrate of natural Progesterone cream (the 500 mg/oz - 1000 mg/oz (don’t’ get that piddly tube of cream that has only 20 mg/oz).

Screen your cream! After you do all of this crap -- you MIGHT (and it's a big MIGHT in my opinion), just might say goodbye to your feminine migraine headaches.

ASK YOUR DOCTOR for the cream that's right for you.

I hope this helped your headache some.

hmmbrdzz

---------------------------------------
By reading the response I just wrote, you agree that the response expressed herein by “hmmbrdzz“ is designed ONLY to provide educational information and is not intended to, nor does it offer nursing and/or medical and/or legal advice, nor should you follow this advice expressed herin by "hmmbrdzz". Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor do they create a patient-nurse / doctor-patient or attorney-client relationship, nor do they constitute nursing, medical, or legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with “hmmbrdzz“ on it will generate a relationship of any kind with anyone. You further agree that you will obtain your own doctor’s and or attorney's adviceeees and opinionees and legal / medical counsel for your problemees responded to herein by "hmmbrdzz”.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">