• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ExBoyfriend wants to charge me with credit card fraud.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncruz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My ex-boyfriend whom we was together almost 5 years. We decided to get serious and he said he loved me he even proposed to me plus lived with me for almost 4 years. But now that we broke up and had problems, he now wants to accuse me of credit card fraud. He actually opened up credit card so i can use whenever as long as I paid the bill, which I did. Now since we broke up about a year and a half now, and now money is tight, I had not choice but to file for bankruptcy. He called me threatening me to pay all those cards or else! PLus he kept calling me and asking me when, so i told him that i might go bankrupt bc I really can't afford to pay his cards and mines. He GOT angry he says he will get me and that his plan is to charge me with credit card fraud. I have a little girl and I dont know what to do ? can he chagre me with credit card fraud? I have proof he gave me the credits card himself even added my adress to his credit card so that I would not have any trouble. He even once called up a credit card company to help me with a complaint issue. please anyone with any info for me tell me what should I do, Thank you. I am desperatly seeking help in anyway!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

First question, how long have you been broken up? When did he move out? Did you use the cards after he moved out? Do you still have the card/s in your possession?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

My ex-boyfriend whom we was together almost 5 years. We decided to get serious and he said he loved me he even proposed to me plus lived with me for almost 4 years. But now that we broke up and had problems, he now wants to accuse me of credit card fraud. He actually opened up credit card so i can use whenever as long as I paid the bill, which I did. Now since we broke up about a year and a half now, and now money is tight, I had not choice but to file for bankruptcy. He called me threatening me to pay all those cards or else! PLus he kept calling me and asking me when, so i told him that i might go bankrupt bc I really can't afford to pay his cards and mines. He GOT angry he says he will get me and that his plan is to charge me with credit card fraud. I have a little girl and I dont know what to do ? can he chagre me with credit card fraud? I have proof he gave me the credits card himself even added my adress to his credit card so that I would not have any trouble. He even once called up a credit card company to help me with a complaint issue. please anyone with any info for me tell me what should I do, Thank you. I am desperatly seeking help in anyway!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
So this credit card is in his name only, or is it joint?

ncruz

First question, how long have you been broken up? When did he move out? Did you use the cards after he moved out? Do you still have the card/s in your possession?
We broke it off in April 2009 and he also moved out in April 2009. I have the credit card because I was paying them until I couldnt anymore with all the extra fees incurred. The last payment i made to them was in November and at the time he called me and said that he was going to help me by going bankrupt himself but about three months after he tried to call me to convince me that he still loves me and wanted to work it out with me but I refused to.

Just Blue

We broke it off in April 2009 and he also moved out in April 2009. I have the credit card because I was paying them until I couldnt anymore with all the extra fees incurred. The last payment i made to them was in November and at the time he called me and said that he was going to help me by going bankrupt himself but about three months after he tried to call me to convince me that he still loves me and wanted to work it out with me but I refused to.
When was the CC started?

Isis1

Not giving the card back after tbe relationship terminated was a bad move on your part. Him not closing the account, was an irresponsible move on his part. If he files a report, get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">