• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My girlfriend is trying to set me up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

app0006

What is the name of your state? Texas
My girlfriend and I were in an argument on a wednesday night of this week. I got angry and threw some roses that I had bought her on the floor and turned to leave. As soon as she saw I was trying to leave, she jumped up from her seat and slapped me in the face, and proceeded to hit me with closed hands and wrestle with me. I grabbed her arms in an attempt to stop the assault, and then pushed her away. I then left to go home. The next morning I go to her home to tell her it is through, and all she says is that I abused her, and she doesn't want to see me again. I then hear from her father via telephone, that she is claiming, "I beat the hell out of her." She is completely lying and will probably report me to the law.
That night she was also at a party and had been drinking heavily. My friends have her on videotape verbally abusing one of the partygoers, and acting very beligerantly. About four months ago she was arrested for public intoxication. I really am worried about what will happen if she tells her lies to the police and need some advice. I have never ever beaten a women or girlfriend, and am deeply saddenned that she would take such a malicious tact with me. I wish I could just talk to her family and explain the situation, but I am not sure they would believe me.
Please Help me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">