• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My job wants me to pay Restitution!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tinafan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I recently got called in the office at work and they said I was using my employee discount for other people which is against policy. I said i did take a gift card given to me by my sister and use that on the tv with my credit card and employee discount but I share a tv with my sister so it is half mine. I also said I did get a set of headphones for a friend but one pair was mine. Then told me they came up with $260 that I owe them for it all. I filled out a statement that is suppose to go to HR stating all of this. Then they hand me a piece of paper saying restitution and told me to sign it or they will take me to court for embezzlement?! Now that I think about it it is not embezzlement. is it? and I did not want my name to have embezzlement beside it.

I want to know is there anyway to renege on the restitution because I felt pressured and intimidated to sign it and did not know the full meaning of the paper? and just have them take it to court. and If I do not pay it what will happen?

Please HELP!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I recently got called in the office at work and they said I was using my employee discount for other people which is against policy. I said i did take a gift card given to me by my sister and use that on the tv with my credit card and employee discount but I share a tv with my sister so it is half mine. I also said I did get a set of headphones for a friend but one pair was mine. Then told me they came up with $260 that I owe them for it all. I filled out a statement that is suppose to go to HR stating all of this. Then they hand me a piece of paper saying restitution and told me to sign it or they will take me to court for embezzlement?! Now that I think about it it is not embezzlement. is it? and I did not want my name to have embezzlement beside it.

I want to know is there anyway to renege on the restitution because I felt pressured and intimidated to sign it and did not know the full meaning of the paper? and just have them take it to court. and If I do not pay it what will happen?

Please HELP!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The nerve of this company demanding that you restore profits that should have never been pilfered:rolleyes:

$260.00 isn't much but if you force their hand it can certainly grow larger...much larger.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">