• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my name as an alias

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheik-o-973

new jersey.
question? my brother use my name as a alias and was covicted of his crime. now my name and address shows up in criminal background searches and i have been denied employment. how do i go about resolving this matter? can i sue?

S

Son_of_Spam

Ofcorse you can sue. Just add up all of the damages that can be related to this action, and sue, sue. sue.

S

Sinsaint26

I think the more plausible answer is to go to your county courthouse and try to clear the matter up. It is called mitigating your losses. If I were you I would be more concerned that the next time you get pulled over you end up in jail for this. You can also put your local police department on notice that you have been having a problem with your brother claiming to be you and that from now on someone who claims to be you needs to be thoroughly checked out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">