• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amal

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

Hi I am a 31 year old woman. I am currently on a work visa. 10 years ago a married man groped me and tried to get me drunk and got mad when I refused. I was in my home country at that time. I recently ran into him and would like to know if I can file criminal charges against him.

A

S

seniorjudge

Q: I recently ran into him and would like to know if I can file criminal charges against him.

A: If he has committed crimes against you in this country, you can file charges; if not, then no.

amal

my rights

No, he did not commit anything against me in this country. what about civil suite? can I sue him?

A

S

seniorjudge

amal said:
No, he did not commit anything against me in this country. what about civil suite? can I sue him?

A
Sounds like simple assault to me.

I would say the statutes of limitation have long since expired.

So yes, you can sue him; no, you wouldn't win.

How did you happen to just run into him in the United States?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">