• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My sister's afraid

• Thread starter slowlybutsurely
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slowlybutsurely

What is the name of your state? Az

My sister moved in with a woman for 2 months. During this time, she noticed the woman had drug problems. The woman even confessed to killing a woman in NY before relocating here.

My sister moved out over labor day weekend with the help of my mom and myself. The woman demanded $50 for my sister to get the remainder of her things, which we didn't think was deserving, but since my sister is afraid of this lady, we paid it hoping that would be the end of it.

Now, the lady is calling every other day, saying "all hell will break loose" if she doesn't come up with more money for this reason or that. My sister is terrified of this lady, not to mention she's approx. 10-15 yrs older, and a lot bigger. She knows where my sister lives and works. She has also mentioned this type of threat to one of my sister's friends over the phone.

What do we do? She's afraid if she doesn't give her money, she will do something violent and crazy, but if we call the police, we're afraid she'll retaliate. Any advice would be helpful!

C

cantona

that's awful, however, your sister should never have given into the initial demand of $50, now this woman will see this as a sign of weakness and more than likely carry on. i think you should call the police and ask for advice, otherwise things will just get more and more out of hand. i'm not qualified to give advice on this subject, i just know these types of people see a sign of weakness and will try to get what they can. if you show you are not willing to put up with this harassment, she may back off, especially if she knows you know details of other crimes she has committed and are willing to go to the police, she may just back off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">