• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My sons ex-friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KayJ

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My son is having some real problems with his ex-friends. May son is 19 yrs. old
One is charging him with shooting his car and his stepfathers truck with a pellet gun. He has been harrassing him since January (when incidentally his girlfriend broke up with him and is now engaged to my son). He has driven past our home and yelled for my son to come out and fight and several other things. He told my son he knew my son had shot his car (only his car was mentioned)that a couple of his friends had sen him do it.Finally on May 26 everything came to a head. He came by yelling and threatening and and saying that another boy told him (ex-friend of my son)had driven the car when my son shot his car. My son filed a harrassment charge on him on the May 27th. THen a week ago my son is called by the local police and told this boy has charged him with this criminal mischief and that he would be getting papers in the mail. Well, he got papers (this boy reported to the cops on the 28th)for an arraignment and a preliminary hearing. Can he be arraigned when he hasn't been arrested?? Then second, he gets a call from the state police to come in for questioning, not telling him what it's about, he goes in and is told he's being charged with breaking the windshield of another ex-friend (who also dated the girl he's engaged to and who the boy from the first charge is buddying up to and who the other boy was hanging with when the harrassment thing went down). The police questioned him, told him they could tell he was guilty by his answers, asked if he'd be fingerprinted and take a polygraph test (my son said yes, he's not guilty and has nothing to hide). We haven't heard anything more on this one, they are supposedly setting up a date for the finger printing and polygraph. The police did read him the miranda rights but told him since he wasn't being arrested (although they said they had enough to arrest him on the spot)he didn't get the appointed attorney. He was not told when this incident happened or who was suppose to have seen him. They said he'd find that out at the hearing.
What do we do. We know he did not do either of these things,but these ex-friends seem bent on getting him.

K

KayJ

Doesn't anyone have any suggestions, impressions or comments for me???? I really need to hear some answers, just for myself. I really believe that these boys (well men, but still young)have a vendetta against my son for A: dating and being engaged to a girl that they once dated.
B. deciding not to hang with them once the harrassment started.
C. pressing harrassment charges on one of the boys.
D. all of the above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">