• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Stepfather needs serious help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klh6686

Hi, first off I'm in Georgia and my name is Kerry. My stepfather works at a circle k as a clerk/cashier and a couple days ago he was working the night shift and had a robber hold him gunpoint and asked for all the money. Well there was only like $120 in the cash register so he gave it to him because he had a gun ... anyways my stepdad said the whole time he was just cool and calm because in the back of his mind he was like "yea we have this on tape, everything will be alright as long as im not shot." well he wasn't shot and the robber ran out the door with the money. BTW the robber had a ski mask on and my stepdad couldn't tell anything about him, not even skin color, the only thing that he could distinguish was the guys voice, he said he could identify it if he heard it again. Anyways the cops come and they call for the manager because the manager has the key to the tape recorder. So they get the tape and find out that it was not recording anything and all the cops have to go by is my stepdad's word, the circle k had NOTHING to protect him, his only possible security was the survelience system and that is out the window at this point. So now circle k has him going through all this counceling because it was a traumatic experience but he seems fine, he's around 47 and has seen many things in his life. now what i wonder is if there is anything that says that he is supposed to be protected by any other means, he was the only one working there, they have no panic button, no safety glass, nothing for his protection not even marked money. I am 17 and so i have no idea about many laws or anything and circle k currently has him on some advisement leave or something like that w/o pay and its really going to hurt us, i just want to help him with his situation and atleast find the guy that did this, i think that it is horrible to do this kind of thing especially for a measly $120. The guy went in with a gun which leads me believe that he was not afraid to use any kind of deadly force..... i do not know what else to say, its just really scary to imagine if my stepdad wasn't here all for $120. if you need any extra information ask and i'll do my best to get it to you but please give me some advice in what we should do other than just talk to a lawyer. Thanks in Advance!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"i just want to help him with his situation and at least find the guy that did this"

=======================================

My response:

Other than to tell you to let the police do their work in investigating this matter, there's nothing you've said in your post that would allow us to help you from Cyberspace.

IAAL

K

klh6686

Oh I'm sorry I figured I would leave a lot of information out, the police are doing their investigation, but I have never really considered the local PD to conduct the best investigations, anyways where could i look for information regarding panic buttons and marked money and all that type of stuff that is in use to protect convenience store workers? aahhh it looks to me like my stepdad is going to get screwed in the ass w/o any KY. Hope when he talks to a real lawyer something can be done. Thanks.

stephenk

"Hope when he talks to a real lawyer something can be done"

Like what? If your stepdad isnt happy with the Circle K security set up, he can work for someone else. He wasnt injured in the robbery, he isnt being accused of being part of the robbery, and he is getting counseling. What more do you expect to be done for him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">