• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Naylor ACT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kihon

What is the name of your state? CA

I'm not sure where I should post this but I am looking for a copy of the "Naylor ACT". I'm not sure if that's only for the state of California or federal.

Here is some info on what it is:

The Naylor Act (Education Code sections 17485-17500; copies attached) requires school districts, who propose to lease or sell land used for outdoor recreation and open space land suited for recreational purposes, to offer to lease or sell a portion of the land at discount to either a city or county, whichever has jurisdiction. Under these
provisions, as applied to the Tatum and Hidden Valley sites, the agency having jurisdiction could acquire up to 30% of either site for 25% fair market value if they determine to do so. There have been preliminary discussions with city and county staff about this being unlikely to occur if the District was seeking to develop workforce housing.

The Naylor Act also permits the District to exempt one unused site when it is seeking the immediate expansion of an existing school by 50% or more.

CdwJava

It seems to be just for California.

You can either read the associated Education Code which spells out the legalities, or, use Google and type "Naylor Act" (WITH the quotes) and you will get a host of hits.

And WHY would you put this in "Other Crimes"? What crime are you alleging was commited?

- Carl

quincy

The Naylor Act is just a California initiative, to protect public open spaces. If you Google "California Education Code 17485" you will find a copy of the Act that you can print out. It covers section 17485 through section 17500.

Kihon

It seems to be just for California.

You can either read the associated Education Code which spells out the legalities, or, use Google and type "Naylor Act" (WITH the quotes) and you will get a host of hits.

And WHY would you put this in "Other Crimes"? What crime are you alleging was commited?

- Carl
Yeah, I did that a while ago, but how do you know what is correct and what isn't? Anyhow, thanks.

There was no reason I posted it in here, I didn't know where to post it.

The Naylor Act is just a California initiative, to protect public open spaces. If you Google "California Education Code 17485" you will find a copy of the Act that you can print out. It covers section 17485 through section 17500.
The words "Naylor act" is no where in there. How do you know that is the correct info. I just want to make sure since I need this info. How can I get it from the state?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
The words "Naylor act" is no where in there. How do you know that is the correct info. I just want to make sure since I need this info. How can I get it from the state?
The minutes from a meeting of the Real Property District Advisory Committee of the Santa Barbara Elementary/High School District include:

The Naylor Act (Education Code sections 17485-17500) requires school districts, who propose to lease or sell land used for outdoor recreation and open space land suited for recreational purposes, to offer to lease or sell a portion of the land at discount to either a city or county, whichever has jurisdiction.

So there is a reference for you confirming that the referenced education code is the Naylor Act.

CdwJava

Yeah, I did that a while ago, but how do you know what is correct and what isn't? Anyhow, thanks.
Presumably the government entities that cite and adhere to it know what it is about and where it's current iteration can be found in the Ed Code.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">