• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC worthless check from 5 years ago.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhartle

I did a criminal background check on myself when applying to post undergraduate studies and noticed that I have a bad check from around 5 years ago. It is the only bad check I have ever had and the amount was around $56 to a grocery store in Wake County.

My question is where should I start with this problem.

1. Should I call or visit the DA's office (I do not live in that county now) or should I visit my local DA?
2. Should I visit a local attorney or an attorney somewhere in the county where I had the bad check?
3. Should I contact the grocery store where the bad check was written.

Is there a type of Prayer for Judgment for this offense where I can still pay off the amount owed plus fees and get this thing off of my record?

Would they have issued a warrant for my arrest for this amount, or better put, do I have an outstanding warrant right now?

I'm pretty sure I have enough money to take care of the amount owed, a fine or two and court fees but how much will this probably cost?

I would appreciate any help with this problem and thanks in advance for helping!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">