• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickru

San antonio texas

Under article 102.011 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, the fee paid for the services of a peace officer who executes an arrest warrant or capias are to be paid to the agency that employs the officer who performed the service provided the executing agency submits a claim for the fee to the court hearing the case within 15 days of the date the warrant or capias is executed. Municipalities are entitled to the fee for a warrant or capias executed by a municipal police officer. Either the officer or his employing agency must submit a bill for his services to the court having jurisdiction of the case.

but i was never arrested. i paid the fines for having no insurance and registration sticker. but now i am being fined for a conviction where an arrest warrant is processed. but the article states for "a peace officer who executes an arrest" or have i got this all wrong? please help

i was pulled over for no sticker and no insurance in el paso texas twice which equalled to 4 tickets, 2 in one day and 2 the next day. i live in san antonio texas. i then recieved a letter for an arrest warrant. i then mailed my payment for the fines. now i am being billed again. $50 dollars for each warrant.
what can i do?

HomeGuru

rickru said:
San antonio texas

Under article 102.011 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, the fee paid for the services of a peace officer who executes an arrest warrant or capias are to be paid to the agency that employs the officer who performed the service provided the executing agency submits a claim for the fee to the court hearing the case within 15 days of the date the warrant or capias is executed. Municipalities are entitled to the fee for a warrant or capias executed by a municipal police officer. Either the officer or his employing agency must submit a bill for his services to the court having jurisdiction of the case.

but i was never arrested. i paid the fines for having no insurance and registration sticker. but now i am being fined for a conviction where an arrest warrant is processed. but the article states for "a peace officer who executes an arrest" or have i got this all wrong? please help

i was pulled over for no sticker and no insurance in el paso texas twice which equalled to 4 tickets, 2 in one day and 2 the next day. i live in san antonio texas. i then recieved a letter for an arrest warrant. i then mailed my payment for the fines. now i am being billed again. $50 dollars for each warrant.
what can i do?
**A: pay in pesos.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">