• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bwbw351

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maine
I wrote a letter and not sure what to do. I was thinking whether or not legal action or what. here is the letter, any advice appreciated.

Jul 06, 2015

To whom this may concern,
I am writing this as my concerning first letter of complaint against party that goes by the name ***** which is a current tenant but not primary at the southerly upstairs apartment that resides above garage.
Since the beginning on several occasions I have overheard and witnessed disruptions at different hours of the day and late into the night mainly concerning his driving vehicle out of yard after having ingested unknown amounts of alcohol. Which I ignored as I felt none of my business although concerned for welfare of anyone out on the road at risk of his questionable abilities to operate vehicle under possible intoxication.
Anyhow, To the point, On Jul 03 , 2015 I went into portland to pick up final items to be able to install a self watering fresh water system for poultry we own. Which by the way we are one step away from legally establishing this property on *** *** ****** **** in ******, maine a farm , registered in the registry. I got back home around 3:00 in the afternoon to see the birds on the northeasterly side of building hiding in the wood. I got confronted on the south west side of building from his wife ****** which is the primary tenant. Her conversation with me was she almost word for word said as follows. " Those birds are out front all over on top of the cars and if one gets on my car it is dead. These birds usually never in all such as exampled flocked to the front as they did on that day. I observed him have his vehicle radio on very loud to filthy rap music. I had the hardest time to get the birds to go where i needed them to go as he kept the music loud which either aroused the poultry curiosity or frightened them or both that took the owner to physically to tell him to please shut off the music until we have the birds placed where we wanted them. Later on which would be several minutes later he started the music loud and the birds followed toward it and within seconds of the birds shown in his view i personally witnessed in turn the music up higher as soon as he saw them. So at that point after i got them back there, the owner went out to talk to him about lowering the music due to it causing the birds to go out front and we do not want the birds near the vehicles. He stated "But I want them out front here with me.
The owner informed me of their conversation and his statements so I had no choice but to place the birds in their temporary coop and did so until monday morning.
On Sunday evening after shopping and returns, returning home around 8:30 just before dark observing him burning brush without permit but minded my own business, along with a beer can in his hand.
Later which was several minutes as I was working to get things i needed done which was around 9:45 I heard him yell my name but was too busy to respond at that moment. Around 10:15 the owner approached me to say that he wanted to tell me something so I a few minutes went over from the southerly side of the building and asked him what it was. He started off ordering me to move everything from the south side of the building or else. stating it is a fire hazard. which it contains of several 2x4's and odds and end of boards that was placed there the last week of June with the attempt to empty out a 12 x 24 storage building to convert to a coop for the birds. Along with 3 50 gallon empty garbage containers, 4 outside chairs , 1 25" television console, and 5 garbage bags of pine shavings sealed shut with the exception of holes on the side from animal tampering.
I proceeded to tell him that that was no way a fire hazard that the building structure itself is made of same wood. That no flammable substances in any way was or is being stored outside. I could see that he was being irrational and that there would be no way to reason with him. He was being very loud to the point the owner several times tried to get him to quiet down to no success.
He kept insisting unreasonable demands and stated that I am taking advantage of my parent,saying also I do not do anything around here. And stated I peek out windows and am creepy. Which none of these are true.
I could tell the way he was going about it he was intentionally trying to further address the argument which he was at the point completely out of control. On several occasions he took aggressive steps toward me. With one of the times he said he'll knock me out. He kept saying that "lets settle this out back like men" referring to fighting. He at near the end of it all walked by me toward step muttering he'll kick my head in. After which not till this point to notice thankfully from his wife speaking, that there was a loaded rifle within 5 feet from where he sat. She picked it up and took it upstairs.
Which leaves me to questions. Why was there a loaded rifle firearm next to him being not of hunting season, yet even though also no permit is given for hunting on this land. Why a rifle next to him and him aggressively trying to cause fight between two of us. What was his intent with this loaded rifle by his side?
On to the next. this next following morning upon my existing westerly side of building I could not help but notice blinds that the tenant ***** had before the front tenant moved in draped from the whole back porch. Which leads me to question as to exactly what he had wrongfully said to her of me for her to want to enclose such a way, after leading from his remembered statements only hours before.
I just now was approached from the new tenant as i was leading my birds stating" dont let those birds land on my car.which i felt was told in a not so nice character.All this leading from his intentful actions that led to them going over to the vehicles to begin with.It is not so much what was said to me. It is how it was said. I usually can read a persons eyes without a word spoken. And I saw enough that tells me plenty of fabricated things was said. I have no idea why. Actuially as I think I believe I understand exactly what his intent is of this. He has by his own wife's admission that he goes out to bars and tries to get around other women even though he is married. With that being said, even though I go forward with no intent except to move forward with my life minding my own affairs with enough on my plate that I do not have time for personal reltions. I see he is possibly, and this is by theoretical observation that he likes the looks of this new tenant and is trying to knock down any competitive others by means of destroying my character. Even though I have no thoughts or intents of any nature, but he knows not of that. He is being very obvious of his intent.
I have no idea as to how to handle this or anything. All I am trying to do is mind my own business , This is causing inability to concentrate on studying and practicing for to prepare for further advancement in career.

Just Blue

I wrote a letter and not sure what to do. I was thinking whether or not legal action or what. here is the letter, any advice appreciated.

Jul 06, 2015

I am writing this as my concerning first letter of complaint against party that goes by the name ***** which is a current tenant but not primary at the southerly upstairs apartment that resides above garage.
Since the beginning on several occasions I have overheard and witnessed disruptions at different hours of the day and late into the night mainly concerning his driving vehicle out of yard after having ingested unknown amounts of alcohol. Which I ignored as I felt none of my business although concerned for welfare of anyone out on the road at risk of his questionable abilities to operate vehicle under possible intoxication.
Anyhow, To the point, On Jul 03 , 2015 I went into portland to pick up final items to be able to install a self watering fresh water system for poultry we own. Which by the way we are one step away from legally establishing this property on *** *** ****** **** in ******, maine a farm , registered in the registry. I got back home around 3:00 in the afternoon to see the birds on the northeasterly side of building hiding in the wood. I got confronted on the south west side of building from his wife ****** which is the primary tenant. Her conversation with me was she almost word for word said as follows. " Those birds are out front all over on top of the cars and if one gets on my car it is dead. These birds usually never in all such as exampled flocked to the front as they did on that day. I observed him have his vehicle radio on very loud to filthy rap music. I had the hardest time to get the birds to go where i needed them to go as he kept the music loud which either aroused the poultry curiosity or frightened them or both that took the owner to physically to tell him to please shut off the music until we have the birds placed where we wanted them. Later on which would be several minutes later he started the music loud and the birds followed toward it and within seconds of the birds shown in his view i personally witnessed in turn the music up higher as soon as he saw them. So at that point after i got them back there, the owner went out to talk to him about lowering the music due to it causing the birds to go out front and we do not want the birds near the vehicles. He stated "But I want them out front here with me.
The owner informed me of their conversation and his statements so I had no choice but to place the birds in their temporary coop and did so until monday morning.
On Sunday evening after shopping and returns, returning home around 8:30 just before dark observing him burning brush without permit but minded my own business, along with a beer can in his hand.
Later which was several minutes as I was working to get things i needed done which was around 9:45 I heard him yell my name but was too busy to respond at that moment. Around 10:15 the owner approached me to say that he wanted to tell me something so I a few minutes went over from the southerly side of the building and asked him what it was. He started off ordering me to move everything from the south side of the building or else. stating it is a fire hazard. which it contains of several 2x4's and odds and end of boards that was placed there the last week of June with the attempt to empty out a 12 x 24 storage building to convert to a coop for the birds. Along with 3 50 gallon empty garbage containers, 4 outside chairs , 1 25" television console, and 5 garbage bags of pine shavings sealed shut with the exception of holes on the side from animal tampering.
I proceeded to tell him that that was no way a fire hazard that the building structure itself is made of same wood. That no flammable substances in any way was or is being stored outside. I could see that he was being irrational and that there would be no way to reason with him. He was being very loud to the point the owner several times tried to get him to quiet down to no success.
He kept insisting unreasonable demands and stated that I am taking advantage of my parent,saying also I do not do anything around here. And stated I peek out windows and am creepy. Which none of these are true.
I could tell the way he was going about it he was intentionally trying to further address the argument which he was at the point completely out of control. On several occasions he took aggressive steps toward me. With one of the times he said he'll knock me out. He kept saying that "lets settle this out back like men" referring to fighting. He at near the end of it all walked by me toward step muttering he'll kick my head in. After which not till this point to notice thankfully from his wife speaking, that there was a loaded rifle within 5 feet from where he sat. She picked it up and took it upstairs.
Which leaves me to questions. Why was there a loaded rifle firearm next to him being not of hunting season, yet even though also no permit is given for hunting on this land. Why a rifle next to him and him aggressively trying to cause fight between two of us. What was his intent with this loaded rifle by his side?
On to the next. this next following morning upon my existing westerly side of building I could not help but notice blinds that the tenant ***** had before the front tenant moved in draped from the whole back porch. Which leads me to question as to exactly what he had wrongfully said to her of me for her to want to enclose such a way, after leading from his remembered statements only hours before.
I just now was approached from the new tenant as i was leading my birds stating" dont let those birds land on my car.which i felt was told in a not so nice character.All this leading from his intentful actions that led to them going over to the vehicles to begin with.It is not so much what was said to me. It is how it was said. I usually can read a persons eyes without a word spoken. And I saw enough that tells me plenty of fabricated things was said. I have no idea why. Actuially as I think I believe I understand exactly what his intent is of this. He has by his own wife's admission that he goes out to bars and tries to get around other women even though he is married. With that being said, even though I go forward with no intent except to move forward with my life minding my own affairs with enough on my plate that I do not have time for personal reltions. I see he is possibly, and this is by theoretical observation that he likes the looks of this new tenant and is trying to knock down any competitive others by means of destroying my character. Even though I have no thoughts or intents of any nature, but he knows not of that. He is being very obvious of his intent.
I have no idea as to how to handle this or anything. All I am trying to do is mind my own business , This is causing inability to concentrate on studying and practicing for to prepare for further advancement in career.
If you could please edit to add some white space to your ^ novella, it would make it a better read.

Thank You
Blue. :)

Silverplum

Jul 06, 2015

No one is required to be nice to you.

His morality is none of your business.

Guns are legal, hunting is legal, and you have no way of knowing if his was loaded or unloaded. You aren't dead, so it's a non-issue.

If you can't deal with your neighbor/s, your option is to move.

bwbw351

No one is required to be nice to you.

His morality is none of your business.

Guns are legal, hunting is legal, and you have no way of knowing if his was loaded or unloaded. You aren't dead, so it's a non-issue.

If you can't deal with your neighbor/s, your option is to move.
I am living here with my parent that is the owner of the building.She is elderly, and not far from needing assistance.no one said anything about nice or morals. I am regarding my personal safety and the others in this building. it is not hunting season, and the wife said it was loaded. and he was intoxicated. and for the first one that asked what i want. I just want advice what is best to do. i feel very uncomfortable with it all

LdiJ

I am living here with my parent that is the owner of the building.She is elderly, and not far from needing assistance.no one said anything about nice or morals. I am regarding my personal safety and the others in this building. it is not hunting season, and the wife said it was loaded. and he was intoxicated. and for the first one that asked what i want. I just want advice what is best to do. i feel very uncomfortable with it all
Your parent could give them notice to move out if they are month to month or notice of non-renewal of their lease if they are on a lease.

Silverplum

I am living here with my parent that is the owner of the building.She is elderly, and not far from needing assistance.
She can refuse to renew his lease. She can perhaps investigate other matters. You can help her, but you are not the owner or the manager and do not have the power to act for her. She could make you the manager or co-owner or give you some legal powers, but that is entirely up to HER.

bwbw351 said:
no one said anything about nice or morals.
Sure, you did. :rolleyes:

bwbw351 said:
I am regarding my personal safety and the others in this building. it is not hunting season, and the wife said it was loaded.
It's always target-shooting season. :cool: His wife said, I say, you say, he says: in the end, he has done NOTHING illegal.

bwbw351 said:
and he was intoxicated.
Not illegal.

You have a really big problem trying to control people, don't you?

bwbw351 said:
and for the first one that asked what i want. I just want advice what is best to do. i feel very uncomfortable with it all
Mom is the owner. Mom handles it legally, like a professional landowner who leases property.

bwbw351

i come in here for advice and all i get is mouthy comments instead of any good advice from anyone. is it any wonder why so much badness has happened to countless victims out there cause when a individual goes online for advice from others they only get flack back from them to make them feel like the bad ones. This is a apartment building with every house around us that have children. this is a smaller parcel 10 acres that the land is seperate away from apartment building. No one should be of access to a firearm while intoxicated. The other tenant in building has stressed her concerns to my mom just minutes ago. so it is not just me. thanks alot for the useless advice, guess me thinking that others in the world can be kind and a thoughtful neighbor no matter how distant would give their advice instead of making these comments. right to posess a firearm should be given right to a responsible non threatening person. forget it im not going to bother try defend myself when i have done nothing wrong.

Proserpina

i come in here for advice and all i get is mouthy comments instead of any good advice from anyone. is it any wonder why so much badness has happened to countless victims out there cause when a individual goes online for advice from others they only get flack back from them to make them feel like the bad ones. This is a apartment building with every house around us that have children. this is a smaller parcel 10 acres that the land is seperate away from apartment building. No one should be of access to a firearm while intoxicated. The other tenant in building has stressed her concerns to my mom just minutes ago. so it is not just me. thanks alot for the useless advice, guess me thinking that others in the world can be kind and a thoughtful neighbor no matter how distant would give their advice instead of making these comments. right to posess a firearm should be given right to a responsible non threatening person. forget it im not going to bother try defend myself when i have done nothing wrong.

Which part of "what is your goal" did you not understand?

Proserpina

And let's not forget that it's not illegal to have 6 beers and sit with your gun by your side.

Seriously - if you want to change gun laws, petition your local congressperson.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
is it any wonder why so much badness has happened to countless victims out there cause when a individual goes online for advice from others they only get flack back from them to make them feel like the bad ones.
Are you seriously suggesting that all of the badness out there is caused by online forums? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">