• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice ASAP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassibam

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am in a situation where I allowed someone in to get equipment that wasn't paid for. The company I worked for always had issues with making payments to vendors, but ever since we moved and acquired another company, things got worse...they bounced several checks valued at tens of thousands of dollars over the last few months, including bouncing payroll checks. Eventually, the company filed for Ch11. Anyway, the vendor that worked on our Network had a $5400 check bounce on him. This was the second check that bounced on him with my company, my company making an attempt at whittling down a huge invoice they acquired over the several months of service and equipment that was provided. When they finally got in touch with my company about the bounced check, my boss stated that they didn't have the money to cover the check, but they could come and get any equipment he needed to make the check right, and anything left of the invoice, until they were able to pay, if they were ever able to make any payments. The guy that has the networking company is my friend, and one day he asked if they were running a second shift, because of his schedule, the only time he could come by was during the early evening hours. So he came and got his things. The next day, police were called and questions were asked of me, turning it all around to make it look like I allowed a robbery to happen, because the guy from the networking company took the main server to the front office. Keep in mind that it did not affect any production or anything that would keep the company from profitability. In the days prior, I also found out that the software company that I was dealing with refused to do any more business with me because their check bounced as well...I was very frustrated, and the VP came in and told me that there should be a webcam in my office and I should flash my breasts at them so they will cut us a break on payment...I went to talk to my boss about what was said...I was assured that something would be done about that statement, that he really feels badly about the bounced checks and that again, the networking company could come in and take equipment that they need. I lost my job, and the networking guy and myself could face criminal charges and civil suits. I have a problem with all of this because he was given permission to do what he needed to do. We even returned the equipment the next day, but we are still looking like we did something terribly criminal...even my friends at work won't talk to me in any setting....so they weren't friends anyway...but I feel like we were being set up...any advice?? I am trying to keep it short, yet try to paint the entire picture. If there are gaps that I may not have filled, let me know...

JETX

Advice??
Yep, you are in deep crap for allowing someone to steal equipment from your employer.
Get ready to be unemployed and possibly charged with theft.

S

sassibam

But the key here is nothing was stolen...it was agreed and permission granted by my employer to take the equipment, based on the fact that my employer has no intention of making the check good.

JETX

Of course, you do have that 'authorization' in writing, don't you???
And if it happened as you said and the OWNER said, "Awww, shucks... have them just come on in after hours and haul away whatever they want...... eyup!!", why were the police called???

S

sassibam

It wasn't after hours because there was a 2nd shift. Again, there was a bounced check with no intentions of making good, and with that acknowedgement, my employer did give permission to that company to take equipment needed to cover the bad check and whatever was owed on the invoice, and I was enlightened to this information by my employer...so why would he enlighten me?? Because he knew I worked late nights and I would let him in during second shift...I really believe that is why he enlightened me to that fact. Many people believed the police were called either for insurance purposes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">