• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice Please - 2 charges, appeared, sentanced back in 2004

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skiingsean2

What is the name of your state? Arizona but I live in Texas now

I appologize right off as I don't have every document in front of me, I am trying to locate them, and I think that some of them may be in a storage unit back in AZ. Here's is what I have, and I appologize for the short story.

Back in 2004 I was a College student in Northern Arizona where I had a run of bad luck, I got stuck with a DUI where I was clearly not intoxicated however, could not afford a 3rd party lawyer, I ate the bullet and took the DUI (I 'think' it was no contest), I was sentanced to serve 1 day in jail and pay a fine plus the usual DMV stuff. Also around that time I was in a situation where I was removing a firearm from an intoxicated person not long after. The firearm was discharged (accidentally, safely, and without incident) it just so happened that the police were already next door dealing with something else :/ So you can picture the ensuing disaster. I was charged with no-contest misdomeanor disorderly conduct involving a dangerous instrument, sentanced to a fine, community service, a term of unsupervised probation, and the firearm class was dismissed due to my previous involvement with the military.

For my DUI I served my jail time. Aside from that it is now 2 years later, I have not had a drivers liscence, I have not been in trouble for anything else, I have graduated from college, I am taking my masters, and preparing to start a VERY outstanding career. I know what I did was unacceptable and illegal, I had no choice, I had no income, no help, no family, nothing. I could not afford the fines, I could not afford to lose a semester of schooling for jail time especially when my semesters cost me 32K ea. in loans, I had already lost any chance of flying professionally in or out of the military due to the DUI. I shut up, finished school, and moved. I am now in a situation where I realize I may have consequences but want to take care of this.. I have not completed the alcohol class for the DUI, my period of no drivers liscence is long since past (DMV ruling), I have not paid fines for either of these, and not finished the community service for the Disorderly.

I can find state approved community service to be done here in Texas, I can afford the fines paid in full, and I can accomplish an alcohol/drug class/screening. I'm not an alcoholic, I'm not a wanton criminal, I don't walk around with a sidearm, I was just a college kid who got screwed.

Where do I begin, what do I do. I can't afford to go back to AZ and I'm afraid that because of all of this they might want me to be extradited, I wouldn't be able to live like that, anything that is left of my life that I could possibly stand on now and succeed and put this in the past would be completely shattered leaving me with zero.

I would graciously accept and help or suggestions..

seniorjudge

skiingsean2 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona but I live in Texas now

I appologize right off as I don't have every document in front of me, I am trying to locate them, and I think that some of them may be in a storage unit back in AZ. Here's is what I have, and I appologize for the short story.

Back in 2004 I was a College student in Northern Arizona where I had a run of bad luck, I got stuck with a DUI where I was clearly not intoxicated however, could not afford a 3rd party lawyer, I ate the bullet and took the DUI (I 'think' it was no contest), I was sentanced to serve 1 day in jail and pay a fine plus the usual DMV stuff. Also around that time I was in a situation where I was removing a firearm from an intoxicated person not long after. The firearm was discharged (accidentally, safely, and without incident) it just so happened that the police were already next door dealing with something else :/ So you can picture the ensuing disaster. I was charged with no-contest misdomeanor disorderly conduct involving a dangerous instrument, sentanced to a fine, community service, a term of unsupervised probation, and the firearm class was dismissed due to my previous involvement with the military.

For my DUI I served my jail time. Aside from that it is now 2 years later, I have not had a drivers liscence, I have not been in trouble for anything else, I have graduated from college, I am taking my masters, and preparing to start a VERY outstanding career. I know what I did was unacceptable and illegal, I had no choice, I had no income, no help, no family, nothing. I could not afford the fines, I could not afford to lose a semester of schooling for jail time especially when my semesters cost me 32K ea. in loans, I had already lost any chance of flying professionally in or out of the military due to the DUI. I shut up, finished school, and moved. I am now in a situation where I realize I may have consequences but want to take care of this.. I have not completed the alcohol class for the DUI, my period of no drivers liscence is long since past (DMV ruling), I have not paid fines for either of these, and not finished the community service for the Disorderly.

I can find state approved community service to be done here in Texas, I can afford the fines paid in full, and I can accomplish an alcohol/drug class/screening. I'm not an alcoholic, I'm not a wanton criminal, I don't walk around with a sidearm, I was just a college kid who got screwed.

Where do I begin, what do I do. I can't afford to go back to AZ and I'm afraid that because of all of this they might want me to be extradited, I wouldn't be able to live like that, anything that is left of my life that I could possibly stand on now and succeed and put this in the past would be completely shattered leaving me with zero.

I would graciously accept and help or suggestions..

Q: Where do I begin, what do I do?

A: Surrender in Arizona.

skiingsean2

:confused:

So it would be worthless to attempt to send in payment along with proof that all requirments have been met, is what you are saying? The only reason I have graduated college, honorably discharged, starting my masters, and am not still in jail today without an education is because I left AZ (I didn't leave because of the legal issues, those were already ongoing, I left because of school, $, and personal reasons) I didn't simply flee.

Are you saying that even if I were to do this that it would simply not be accepted and I would have to return to AZ? I am unable to get to AZ, like I said I am recently graduated, enough money to pay my debts not travel the country, have you ever heard of someone dealing with a court outside of their living state through a local court in their area? Does this sound like something that would be conceivable?

garrula lingua

You have to clear it up by a personal appearance in Az. The court may require some jail time for the probation violations.

You can try to resolve it by hiring an Az atty to make an appearance for you. I have seen that attempted; but every time, the Judge requires a personal appearance by the defendant, and the Judge refuses to recall and quash the warrant.

Your PV involved 'contempt of the Judge'. Expect some jail time.
Also, to clear up your driver's license, that Az Judge should re-order you to a alcohol program.

You'll have to return to Az.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">