• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Answers/Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyson.brian_yk

I am in located in Pa**************From Decmber 2010 until recently, I misrepresented myself through email contact,with a false personal and business name,other than my actual one,picked out of the air at random, as belonging to a regional collector's organization,to both foreign and domestic internet vendors/ distributors,none were well known multi-million dollar operations,all were what I'd consider "grass roots operations", in order to have product sent to me on a 30 day net terms payment basis, (they ship,I pay in 30 days.) The companies that have shipped me product are numerous,both domestic and foreign, probably 20 to 30 in total have sent me product with the value of each individual shipment being between a few hundred dollars up to 2 grand...that's wholesale product value.....all of the packages were shipped to an alternate UPS Store box and P.O. Box location,not to my home, in my fake business and personal name. However,both do have my actual name,address and driver's license copy on record,which I had to provide in order to rent the p.o. boxes.
In no instance was any paperwork detailing the orders or shipments,transcation descriptions,contractual agreements,invoices,IOU's,or promises to pay signed by me,however, several delevery confirmation slips/registered mail slips were signed by me in the fake business/personal name. All of the product orders were handled by email to email contact between myself and the senders,with no verification on their end as to my actual name,location,and whether or not I actually had a business, via typed email to email agreement.....in other words,I fed them a line and they shipped product. Both of the p.o. boxes I had been using have since been closed by myself,and I am no longer having product shipped to me anymore anywhere. The reason for me doing this can best be described as financial hardship/economical gain,as all of the product that was sent to me by the on line vendors/ distros has since been sold to shops and stores in the Pa. area
This week,I have learned that several of the companies that have sent me product have contacted the collectors organization that I falsely claimed to be a member of,and complained to them that they have not been paid,which has led to a posting on the music organization's website that states,using the false personal name that I used when requesting product, that I am in no way associated with their organization and am not and have never been a member of it,and to forward any information to them about me,and that all of the information they have gathered about me,and who I may have misled,received product from,and have not paid for the product,has been turned over to law enforcement for further investigation. While I realize that I have undoubtedly come into conflict by my actions with many local,state,and probably even federal statutes governing fraud,internet fraud,theft by deception,mail/wire fraud,and that my true identity can easily be established by law enforcement contacting the locations I had the P.O. boxes at,I have several questions pertaining to the possible outcomes of my actions.

What am I to expect here??

Going on what I have described to you,is this matter something that local,state,or federal law enforcement agencies normally persue and will likely persue,and if so,what is the likelihood of it,and how aggressively will they persue it.? I do know that many police depts. are under budget constrictions due to the economic climate in our nation,and that often,internet fraud/crime is often not investigated and goes to the bottom of the case file.
If I am ever arrested as a result of my actions,what potential/possible/ or likely charges,convictions,sentencing would I expect to receive. If this would transpire,my record is clean of anything remotely criminal, outside of speeding/parking/traffic citations that I have received over the years. Any help or advice here would be appreciated. If I am investigated and charged/arrested,what time frame is normal for me to be contatced by the authorities for an issue of this nature??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">