• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Consumption Ticket Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Genstiffy

I am 19 years old and I was at a party afew weeks ago that was busted by the cops. I recieved a alcohol consumption ticket for not being of the legal age and will have to appear in court. Only 3 people recieved consumption tickets. During the process of checking everybody with breathalizers, one cop pulled aside (outside the house) the 3 basketball players and asked them if they had been drinking, the 3 basketball players replied yes. The cop told them that today was there lucky day and told them to scram. While the rest of recieved breathalizers and for some of us consumption tickets.
Also during this process the girl who was having the party was of course charged with contributing to the drinking of minors. But afew days after the party, her parents got her charges dropped. Why? Well because her parents know every cop and they let her off the hook. So now I am stuck with a ticket while everybody else got free. Should i contact a lawler and try to fight this ticket?

What exactly is it you want to accomplish?

Just be done with it all? Then pay the fine, accept the probation, and forget it ever happened. Sounds like small town bull **** to me. A lawyer would be a waste of money.

If on the other hand you want to cause a stink, and have the testicle fortitude for what it entails, register a 'web address', and put up a web site detailing exactly what occurred. Tell the 'truth' offer your 'commentary' and your 'opinion', all 1st amendment protected by the way. You may want to do a bit of research first, just so you know what you're getting into.

If you choose the latter, give me the address, will you?

charlie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">