• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

muggin

I posted this question in family law, but I think I was in the wrong place. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this situation? Three small children and several adults are being affected by this situation right now.

State of North Carolina
Facts:

Single Mother of one small child in relationship with man who is not the father of her child, is living part-time with this man.

Leaves their home one day (with no warning or mention to anyone) and marries the father of her child, moving herself and her child to a different state the next day.

Stays with new husband and child for two months, returns to North Carolina and states she is pregnant, but it is not her husbands, it is the man with whom she was previously involved with. Does not divorce or file for separation from her new husband. Receives military benefits for her child (and possibly herself) with husband (husband is in Army).

Boyfriend takes her back and accepts responsibility for this soon to be born child. No paternity test is done, as she refuses to consent.

Child is born, mother has her maiden name and name of boyfriend placed on childs birth certificate. Mother applies for and receives welfare for child and herself, under her maiden name, without disclosing she is married.

Questions:
Is the naming of the child on the birth certificate legal? Or should the childs surname, as well as her name, be that of her legal husband?

What are the consequences of omitting her marriage to obtain welfare benefits? Is this fraud?

H

Humble Warrior

A) the chick is obviously a slut
B)she can put any name of the certificate
C)to get the testing,you need a court order.
D) I hope the boyfriend is nuetered.....guys that stupid should not be allowed to breed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">