• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to file some motions - examples please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyonsd

What is the name of your state? GA

Please give me an example of a motion to request a jury trial, a speedy trial, and discovery.

For the curious, this is for a speeding ticket that I am going to fight.

Thanks.

lyonsd

Since rmet4nzkx made the intial claim, the burden of proof is on him. I searched the code and didn't find anything saying that you couldn't get a jury trial for a traffic ticket.

But that's irrelevant. I am going to motion the court for one regardless. The worst they can do is say "no". I just need a model to base my motion opon.

S

seniorjudge

Q: Please give me an example of a motion to request a jury trial, a speedy trial, and discovery.

A: MOTION FOR JURY TRIAL, SPEEDY TRIAL, AND DISCOVERY

My name is [your name] and my case number is [your case number].

I want a jury trial.

I want a speedy trial.

I want all the discoverable documents from the prosecutor's file.

I have sent a copy of this motion to [name and address of prosecutor].

Respectfully submitted,
[your signature]
[your name]
[your complete address and telephone number]

lyonsd

My arraignment was yesterday. It's confirmed: you can get a jury trial for a traffic violation such as speeding.

Nice example, but I don't think many lawyers would phrase it that way.

You Are Guilty

lyonsd said:
My arraignment was yesterday. It's confirmed: you can get a jury trial for a traffic violation such as speeding.

Nice example, but I don't think many lawyers would phrase it that way.
I hate to belabor the obvious, but you're not a lawyer.

S

seniorjudge

lyonsd said:
...Nice example, but I don't think many lawyers would phrase it that way....
Well, isn't that something?!

That was an exact copy of what a pro se defendant filed before me that I granted!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">