• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to get off of a federal bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tanyap

What is the name of your state? California

I am trying to find out how to get off a federal bond for a friend who was released on this bond and then scooped up by imagration. He has been sent to Arizona and his lawyer says things don't look good.

This is the problem, I am in need of refinancing my home and am unable because of the lein on my property. The federal bond is for 500k 250 on his property and 250 on mine. What do I have to do to get my property off this bond?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state?

CdwJava

You posted a quarter million dollar bond for a FRIEND?!? Heck, I wouldn't do that for family! :eek:

Unless you can somehow get the holder of the bond to release the lien (perhaps by coming up with some other collateral) you are out of luck.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">