• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goku

Hi Everyone.

I need help in a legal advise pertaining to a Credit Card Fraud. Now the story begin like this. I went to have my car modified with certain parts and all and my wife agrees to pay for it. I say ok. Few months later, i sold the car and the parts. I have spend the money that from the parts that i sold which my wife pays for. Now a month later after that, i found out from my friend that she paid my modifications through someone else's credit card. She also did use another person's credit card to purchase some stuffs for her own. Now i was under the impression that she get the money to pay for my car modifications legally. Now the owner wants me to be responsible for it. I told her no as i didn't commit the crime. If this matter is to be brought up to court, will i be liable to pay for it? Thanks.

P.S. I know its out of your jurisdiction but i just want to see how it works here in the states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">