• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

john1022

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My daughter got into trouble back in January of 2003 for file a false police report. She was given six months probation along with comm. service, five days in boot camp, counselers coming to the house twice a week, my wife and I had to attened parenting classes and a few other things. She had fines to accured up to $1000.00 everything was done except fpr the fines being paid. The reason the fine was not paid was due to no employment and this was explained to the judge. On October 22, 2003 my daughter's probation was suppose to be done and because the fine was not paid the courts will not let her off probation. The reason behind this is because if they let her off they will not be able to hold my wife and I in contempt for not paying. In October of 2003 the judge ordered me to pay $50.00 a month til it is all paid off. Now my Question is can they hold her on probation til her fines are paid and if so why? If not what can I do? This is a small county with only two judges and what they say goes. I feel my daughter has done her time and because I can't afford to pay her fines all at once she still has to stay in the system

H

hjallge

Since she is unemployed, why doesn't she offer to do more community service to work off the fine?

J

john1022

The judge told us since she is only 16 it is not her responablity to pay her fines or to get a job to help pay the fines. Since October she has got her learner's permit to drive and they told her when she get her license they would take them away from her til her fine are paid.

H

hjallge

She was given six months probation along with comm. service,
Since the judge already had her doing comm. service, why not ask the judge to give her more chip away at the fine? Better yet, why don't you make her get a job to help you pay it and to reimburse you?

J

john1022

hjallge said:
Since the judge already had her doing comm. service, why not ask the judge to give her more chip away at the fine? Better yet, why don't you make her get a job to help you pay it and to reimburse you?
Because the judge told us that she better not pay it and if we didnt pay it being her parents we would go to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">