• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eden2

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I'm not sure which forum I need to put this in but I just wanted to see if something could get done about this. I'm recently married...and my husbands ex "girlfriend" (I use the term loosely because she was just a "friend") is stalking us. We even moved to another state in hopes that this would end but it's only followed us. She's found out where he works..he says that they've gotten hang up calls there but he's not sure if it's her doing it. Now she's posting away messages on her screen name. She's constantly putting messages about me and my personal life on there .. she's threatened to hire a P.I. to investigate me and find out where I work so she can get me fired (I have a felony from way back but that's not going to get me fired)..she's finding out about my child support payments (my ex husband has custody of my children and yes, I'm behind BUT getting caught up). I didn't know her screen name until a few weeks ago when a friend from TX gave it to me and I've been looking. I don't ever IM her..I just usually read it to see what it says....but it's been going on a year now that she's been doing this. She won't quit. .. says (in an away message) that HE should apologize to her for wronging her and that if he did she'd leave me alone..but that hasn't helped either..only made it worse...because then she started thinking he had feelings for her once again. I'm worried because she seems to keep finding out info on me..i.e. when I've made child support payments, where I work, what times I work, where I go to school, pretty much my whole schedule. She mentioned in an away message that she can't get into trouble for her away messages because she has freedom of speech..is this true? Is there anything I can do legally to stop this from continuing? Thanks for the help in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">