• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help is a big mistake help people

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CASTM2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida
I received a letter from a lawyer on Saturday he is asking me for $4734 because i had make a mistake in one application to a friend and my friend told the lawyer that i charge him and it is no true i did not charge him I only help him because he did't have no money and i was clear when i come to the marriage and divorce he din't remember how many times he was marriage or divorce i also give the application ( to be us resident) and told him 3 times to review the information i did explain one buy one and what he told me that what i write in the application (how many time he was marriage) , when he went to the interview the immigration officer said that he was not said the true and they denied the petition, he went to a lawyer and the lawyer is asking me for $4734 because my mistake .What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused::mad:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida
I received a letter from a lawyer on Saturday he is asking me for $4734 because i had make a mistake in one application to a friend and my friend told the lawyer that i charge him and it is no true i did not charge him I only help him because he did't have no money and i was clear when i come to the marriage and divorce he din't remember how many times he was marriage or divorce i also give the application ( to be us resident) and told him 3 times to review the information i did explain one buy one and what he told me that what i write in the application (how many time he was marriage) , when he went to the interview the immigration officer said that he was not said the true and they denied the petition, he went to a lawyer and the lawyer is asking me for $4734 because my mistake .What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused::mad:
Did you have a question in there? Your post was virtually unreadable.

Proserpina

Did you have a question in there? Your post was virtually unreadable.

Let me have a go :)

OP basically was two seconds short of practicing law without a license; there was a problem with communication and as a result, the OP's "friend"'s immigration petition was denied.

Friend now wants money.

(How friend came up with that figure, I'm not sure - it's not the standard application fees etc., no matter which way you swing it)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">