• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

merp

okay, so it may not seem like a big deal, but one of my close friends made a spoof account of our superintendent and tweeted some innapropriate stuff and the administration freaked out and is threatening to expel whoever did it. I'm trying to help him as best as I can, but honestly to me it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I argued that he's a public figure and therefore eligable for public criticism. Freedom of speech?

Silverplum

okay, so it may not seem like a big deal, but one of my close friends made a spoof account of our superintendent and tweeted some innapropriate stuff and the administration freaked out and is threatening to expel whoever did it. I'm trying to help him as best as I can, but honestly to me it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I argued that he's a public figure and therefore eligable for public criticism. Freedom of speech?
US Law Only = We don't help people in your country.

:cool:

Silverplum

I'm in the U.S.
and what if my friend's out of school?
It matters, legally, to know in which state your friend lives and was rude. :rolleyes: You know, the question you erased: "What is the name of your US State?"

Then we'd tell you that this is your friend's problem, not yours. :cool: Tell your friend that he can sign up here to get legal help. We're open 24/7.

merp

alright, truth..Iowa, "he" graduated and made this account, used a picture of the guy, but put a pimp hat on him..lol, and tweeted various things, (nothing that directly insulted him) just cussed a bit for 2 days, deleted the account, and now is waiting on the outcome. I wasn't sure how discrete you had to be with this legal forum stuff..lol
How much trouble is "he" looking at?

Silverplum

alright, truth..Iowa, "he" graduated and made this account, used a picture of the guy, but put a pimp hat on him..lol, and tweeted various things, (nothing that directly insulted him) just cussed a bit for 2 days, deleted the account, and now is waiting on the outcome. I wasn't sure how discrete you had to be with this legal forum stuff..lol
How much trouble is "he" looking at?
I don't know.

Depends upon what the superintendent decides to do, and that's up to him.

Your friend is a moron, isn't he? Don't you wish you had better friends? Go make some. ;)

merp

So if "he" lets this go, they could just decide to drop the whole thing and not shine any more negative light on it? It was a two day thing..and many found it humorous. Maybe he could agree to do some free tutoring of students? He graduated with a 3.9 so he wasn't as school dumb as he is life dumb.

Silverplum

So if "he" lets this go, they could just decide to drop the whole thing and not shine any more negative light on it? It was a two day thing..and many found it humorous. Maybe he could agree to do some free tutoring of students? He graduated with a 3.9 so he wasn't as school dumb as he is life dumb.
Here on FA, as in real life, I am often reminded of a famous saying by Forrest Gump's Mama. ;)

merp

Don't give me that box of chocolates **** lol. I just want this to blow over..and if it doesn't, I need to know what to do. The site is deleted, so it'd be hard to track an IP address if the authorities were involved (not impossible) but a lot of extra effort.

Silverplum

Don't give me that box of chocolates **** lol. I just want this to blow over..and if it doesn't, I need to know what to do. The site is deleted, so it'd be hard to track an IP address if the authorities were involved (not impossible) but a lot of extra effort.
Nope, no chocolates for you. The phrase I'm referring to from Mama Gump is, "Stupid is as stupid does."

:cool:

merp

If a rocket scientist locks is keys in his cars, I'm still saying he's an intelligent individual. Forrest's mama was a terrible person, she has no merit. lol

Silverplum

If a rocket scientist locks is keys in his cars, I'm still saying he's an intelligent individual. Forrest's mama was a terrible person, she has no merit. lol
I see no logic in your comparison, but feel free to make it all around town. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">