• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with filing perjury charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JohhnyWA12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I need to know what forms are needed for filing perjury charges as well as subpoenaing testimony and original tape of interview.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

I need to know what forms are needed for filing perjury charges as well as subpoenaing testimony and original tape of interview.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Are you a attorney working in the DA's office? No? Than you can not file a charge.

If you wish to file a COMPLAINT than go to the police dept and ask for the appropriate form.

JohhnyWA12

Are you a attorney working in the DA's office? No? Than you can not file a charge.

If you wish to file a COMPLAINT than go to the police dept and ask for the appropriate form.
Obviously, I am not an attorney ;)

Public defender assigned to case refuses to respond to me.

Thanks for info.

CdwJava

You report the potential crime to the police and they investigate. They might turn it over to the District Attorney's office for investigation, however, or maybe to the Sheriff or Marshall depending on the set-up in your locale. In any event, start with the police.

Unless you are filing a civil action to pursue restitution for damages based upon the alleged perjury, you will have no standing to do much of anything except be a witness ... IF you are a witness.

Since you say you have a defense attorney, I assume that you are alleging that someone lied about you. If so, can you prove that the person knowingly and intentionally lied beyond a reasonable doubt? Understand that being wrong or having a different interpretation of events is NOT perjury. And unless you can prove that the person made a knowing and intentional false statement on the stand or under oath, this will be tough to prove.

Perjury cases are difficult to prosecute for numerous reasons. Unless yours is clear-cut (in which case I assume the judge, your attorney, or the DA would have spoken up) there may be little chance of any retribution in a civil or criminal court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">