• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help please on a assult & battery case!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcatesjr

What is the name of your state? michigan

was in volved in a fight at a public place, words were exchanged then he suckered punched me in the face, FIRST. So, acting in self-defence I punched back. (Needless to say he is 8 inches and 60 pounds heavier than myself). We exchanged a few punches with each other untill he walked away and said he had enough. About 3 hours later I was arrested at my house, and apparently he went to the hospital to get checked out, I didnt, but I have injuries that dont need medical attention, except for my glasses that got broken on the initial blow from him. I didnt press charges on him , but thats a question I have, sould I ? If theirs the possiblity of me being sued, whats the max pentalty in a case like this? I feel I should be the victim, not him, he was very intimidating to me so after I was hit I hit back. should I file a charge on him??? Please help!!!!!:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">