• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal advice, 24 yr old, new york

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobkennedy15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK

AFTER DRINKING, I WAS HEADING HOME. I BLACKED OUT, ENDED UP IN A PRECINCT WITHOUT MY SHIRT ON, LOTS OF MY THINGS MISSING, BRUISES IN DIFFERENT AREAS. THEY ACCUSED ME OF BEATING A 70 YEAR OLD MAN WHO I NEVER MET. I REMEMBER NONE OF THIS HAPPENING AND WAS NOT GIVEN MEDICAL ATTENTION IN THE PRECINCT. I AM DIAGNOSED WITH ANXIETY WHICH I TAKE MEDICATION FOR, AND SUPPORT A FAMILY OF 5 AT THE AGE OF 24, NEVER COMMITTED A CRIME IN MY LIFE. MY LAWYER HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP ME AND NOW IM GOING TO TRIAL OCTOBER 13TH AND FACING 5 YEARS FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT REMEMBER DOING AND WITH A LAWYER THAT ISNT DOING MUCH.

ANY ADVICE?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm very sorry to hear that.

When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

TigerD

AFTER DRINKING, I WAS HEADING HOME. I BLACKED OUT, ENDED UP IN A PRECINCT WITHOUT MY SHIRT ON, LOTS OF MY THINGS MISSING, BRUISES IN DIFFERENT AREAS. THEY ACCUSED ME OF BEATING A 70 YEAR OLD MAN WHO I NEVER MET. I REMEMBER NONE OF THIS HAPPENING AND WAS NOT GIVEN MEDICAL ATTENTION IN THE PRECINCT. I AM DIAGNOSED WITH ANXIETY WHICH I TAKE MEDICATION FOR, AND SUPPORT A FAMILY OF 5 AT THE AGE OF 24, NEVER COMMITTED A CRIME IN MY LIFE. MY LAWYER HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP ME AND NOW IM GOING TO TRIAL OCTOBER 13TH AND FACING 5 YEARS FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT REMEMBER DOING AND WITH A LAWYER THAT ISNT DOING MUCH.

ANY ADVICE?
What, exactly, do you expect your lawyer to do? Get the charges dismissed, a written apology from the prosecutor and police officers, perhaps a parade and the key to the city?

I'll bet your lawyer presented you with a plea offer from the prosecuting attorney and you rejected the offer. Now he is preparing for trial. What do you expect?

TD

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

ANY ADVICE?
Don't mix booze and medications. :cool:

bobkennedy15

Plea offer was a year in jail. I was following the lawyer, i didnt reject anything.
Addiction is a disease im working on.

RRevak

ANY ADVICE?
If you remember nothing of the incident then how do you know for sure you didn't hurt someone? Did the man identify you personally from either physical identification or photos?

FACING 5 YEARS FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT REMEMBER DOING
That won't mean squat if you indeed hurt someone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">