• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a little help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misssaralee

What is the name of your state?Tx.
I am going through a divorce and have a child from my husband. We have been seperated since August and he has not called to check on her or sent any money to help support her even though I have asked in letters. When I told him I was leaving he went and cleaned our checking account out and left me with nothing. Well I found another checking account that he opened which was linked to our others online. I have been taking money out every month to help me support our daughter. I have had to take off work numerous times because she was sick and needed the money. I have asked for money and he has not called or written once to check on her or anything.

I know with his exwife she would take money out of his account and open accounts in his name and they said there is nothing he could do about it at that time because he was still married to her.

I didn't think he could do anything to me about this because we are still married. Please let me know. I saw that he got a copy of his bank statement and I am sure he is going to try and use that against me in court. How would I go about all this? I hope this is the right forum to ask this question in. Thanks for all your help in advance.

misssaralee

Yes I believe it is...I know I should not have done it but he would not help me out with our daughter at all. He has not called to check on her or anything. I have asked him for help and he has never sent anything.

BelizeBreeze

misssaralee said:
Yes I believe it is...I know I should not have done it but he would not help me out with our daughter at all. He has not called to check on her or anything. I have asked him for help and he has never sent anything.
Then you could be facing a bit of a problem.

All the other facts of your post really don't matter at this point. You have a pending divorce. Therefore, until he is ordered to pay child support he legally does not have to.

Whether or not he should is a matter of morality, not law.

misssaralee

Well thanks for your help. I know I probably should not have done it but he would not help and I was off work a lot with her being sick. I guess I will face the consequences.

Maybe the judge will not be so hard on me since I did try and get him to help me and he has not made any effort since August 6,2004 to contact me to check on her or anything.

Whatever will be, will be.

Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">