• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kekin

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I have a question? Ok I am 20 years old and My girlfriend (ex-girlfriend now) will be 16 next month and she is pregnant, could her or her mom just decide at any time to try and file charges against me or what, I am not trying to run away from it, its the opposite, I want to be there and help out any way i possibly can. I just didn't if even after the baby was born could they get mad at me about something and then decide to file charges? Please any advice you can give me would be greatly apperciated.

R

Ramoth

I'm not real sure about Alabama, but in most states, and adult male having sex with a child is committing a crime. You could be charged with anything from statutory rape to sexual assault of a minor to pedophilia if you were "dating" her long enough, any of which get you listed as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

So, yes, you can get in trouble, probably will get in trouble, and actually should get in trouble.

Here's a good way to determine if a girl is too young for you - if you were eating solid foods before she was born, RUN AWAY!!!

H

hexeliebe

I'm not real sure about Alabama, but in most states, and adult male having sex with a child is committing a crime. You could be charged with anything from statutory rape to sexual assault of a minor to pedophilia if you were "dating" her long enough, any of which get you listed as a sex offender for the rest of your life.
Not true Ramoth. In the State of Alabama the legal age of consent is 16. In fact, every statute in the sex crimes chapter deals with '...less than 16 and older than 12' regardless of the age of the offender.

Therefor, no crim has been committed.

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
Not true Ramoth. In the State of Alabama the legal age of consent is 16. In fact, every statute in the sex crimes chapter deals with '...less than 16 and older than 12' regardless of the age of the offender.

Therefor, no crim has been committed.
**A: I disagree. This is a slam dunk statutory rape case.

dakoto70

FUNNY

**** Here's a good way to determine if a girl is too young for you - if you were eating solid foods before she was born, RUN AWAY!!!***

Thanks for the laugh, that was too funny. Reminds of some redneck song.

JETX

kekin:
Guess what?? Your having sexual relations with her while she is UNDER 16 years of age is a violation of the following Alabama statute:
"§ 13A-6-62
Rape in the second degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of rape in the second degree if:

(1) Being 16 years old or older, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex less than 16 and more than 12 years old; provided, however, the actor is at least two years older than the member of the opposite sex.

(2) He or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex who is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective.

(b) Rape in the second degree is a Class B felony."

As to how long they can hold this over you.... how about FOREVER!!
"Section 15-3-5
Offenses having no limitation.
(a) There is no limitation of time within which a prosecution must be commenced for:
<snip>
(4) Any sex offense involving a victim under 16 years of age, regardless of whether it involves force or serious physical injury or death;"

Source for the above:
http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/147495.htm

K

Kekin

Thank you JETX for your helpfull information, and to all the people who would whether judge me, You don't know me, You don't know the situation, It is not like i am trying to run away from the responsablity, So basically it seems like that no matter what her mom can basically hold that over my head to get what ever she wants out of me. See my ex is now trying to control my life completly, by telling me if I hang out with these people or do this, that I will never see my child. That is the reason I wandering like if I tried to get custody they could just file charges on me right?
And as to my education level I'm a college grad. Certified Medical Assistant, and will be returning to become a Psychiatrist.

JETX

"and will be returning to become a Psychiatrist."
*** Then I suggest you offer yourself to the school as a patient. Clearly your conduct (having sex with a 15 year old) is NOT normal behaviour for a mature adult. I hope that this CHILDS mother files a criminal complaint against your CRIMINAL ACT and you get the opportunity to practice your career in prison.

Oh, and lets not forget that your having a record as a SEX OFFENDER would derail ANY plans of your professional career. And that you will have to register every year with the local authorities!!

Heck, with any luck, this will force you to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life..... since your paternity can be tested and with some simple math of the birth records, your CRIMINAL act WILL follow you for your entire life!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"You don't know me, You don't know the situation"

==========================================

My response:

I always enjoy statements like the one above!

My retort is always the same - - "What MORE do you think we need to know, NUMB NUTS?" What could you POSSIBLY SAY that would excuse you, exonerate you, or mitigate YOUR CRIMES against a CHILD? There's nothing!

In this case, you're a RAPIST. You're an unconvicted CRIMINAL, just waiting for your day in court!

So, what "situation" are you talking about? Are you trying to justify your actions by saying that "she agreed"?

You've got some serious mental and emotional problems, kiddo.

IAAL

Last edited:
K

Kekin

JETX you talk about normal behavior, well according to Sigmund Freud (founder of psychoanalysis); The only abnormal sexual behavior is being without it at all. I am not trying to make what happend sound better or saying that it wasnt wrong. The only thing I am worried about is taking care of my child and having what is best for them.

JETX

"The only thing I am worried about is taking care of my child and having what is best for them."
*** Good. Then the best lesson you can teach your child is maturity, responsibility and that everyone is accountable for their actions. And the best way you can teach him or her that..... is from a prison cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">