• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Some Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

julz513

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Back in August I was working for a gas station. The local Alcohol Law Emforement here was doing sting operations where they were sending underage kids into buy alcohol, unfortunately the kid they sent into my store was turning 21 in 3 days and when i checked his ID I did not catch the fact that he was underage for 3 more days. It was our bussiest time of day and anyone who has ever been in a gas station when its busy knows things can get alittle crazy. It was an honest mistake. I was lucky enough to be able to talk to the DA and explain everything to him. After he reveiwed all the video from the store and talked to the aresting officer he had decided to give me a deferred sentence and my charges have all been dropped. My question now is if there is anything I can do to help the company I had been working for. I talked to the DA about it and he told me he didnt have the power to help them. The owner of the gas station is a great employer, and I feel horrible about the Fines and Legal charges they are now facing because of a mistake that I had made. Is there anything I can do?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Back in August I was working for a gas station. The local Alcohol Law Emforement here was doing sting operations where they were sending underage kids into buy alcohol, unfortunately the kid they sent into my store was turning 21 in 3 days and when i checked his ID I did not catch the fact that he was underage for 3 more days. It was our bussiest time of day and anyone who has ever been in a gas station when its busy knows things can get alittle crazy. It was an honest mistake. I was lucky enough to be able to talk to the DA and explain everything to him. After he reveiwed all the video from the store and talked to the aresting officer he had decided to give me a deferred sentence and my charges have all been dropped. My question now is if there is anything I can do to help the company I had been working for. I talked to the DA about it and he told me he didnt have the power to help them. The owner of the gas station is a great employer, and I feel horrible about the Fines and Legal charges they are now facing because of a mistake that I had made. Is there anything I can do?
It is not your problem. This is something the owner of ths store has to handle all on his own.

Isis1

Well, you could pay the fines and legal fees for him???

Might not be the deciding factor in keepng your job....but it's a suggestion :)

julz513

yea thats not really an option. His fines are going to be almost 15,000... and i am a single mom tryin to work and go to school. And I am not worried about getting my job back. I was just wondering if there was anything I can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">