• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Watersprrader20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Okay a friend of mine (yes it's really a friend and not me) was posting in a chat room saying he was a 16 year old fems and he isn't. An older guy started talking to him about sex, he went along for a little for fun then decided it wasn't fun, and stopped. He believes the other guy was a cop and is now freaking out. No pictures were sent or anything like that just "sex talk" can my friend get in any trouble?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Okay a friend of mine (yes it's really a friend and not me) was posting in a chat room saying he was a 16 year old fems and he isn't. An older guy started talking to him about sex, he went along for a little for fun then decided it wasn't fun, and stopped. He believes the other guy was a cop and is now freaking out. No pictures were sent or anything like that just "sex talk" can my friend get in any trouble?
Can your friend get into any trouble for his let's-pretend game in a chat room? Possibly but probably not.

Your friend's idea of fun is liable to get him into trouble sooner or later, though, so it is best if he stay off the internet until he grows up a bit.

Watersprrader20

That's all that happened. I told him he's dumb and that eventually something is gonna happen if he keeps going to those chat rooms because you never know for real who your talking to. I told him he couldn't get in trouble for it (Im a little smarter than him) but he wanted to be assured. Thanks for the quick reply!

quincy

That's all that happened. I told him he's dumb and that eventually something is gonna happen if he keeps going to those chat rooms because you never know for real who your talking to. I told him he couldn't get in trouble for it (Im a little smarter than him) but he wanted to be assured. Thanks for the quick reply!
On the internet, it is often the case that you do not know for sure with whom you are communicating. It could be smart for your friend to start thinking of everyone on the internet as an undercover cop. Then he might not be quite so anxious to have sex chats with strangers again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">