• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needs Help On A Criminal Case!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rachel98

What is the name of your state? Va

On Nov 10th i was asked to be a witness to a disorderly conduct charge (witnessed a fight outside a club) Basically i was asked who started it since i was right there. Well, the judge had asked for the witnesses to leave the courtroom so no one was influenced or would change thier stories. Me and the other witness who was there with me sat outside, with the other witness for the other party.... i was called in to testify first. I told my story and then was escourted outside the courtroom, then the other witness was called in, so i was out side by myself with the witness for the other party. Well, while sitting out there, the sister of the guy i was testifying against came up to me and attacked me... literally punching me in the face. Of course i wasnt that stupid to fight back outside the courtroom, so i went & got a deputy.... well, i guess she went to jail or whatever that day, i dunno i wasnt really givin too much info, .. well, we went back to court Dec. 8th and we had to get it cont. b/c her lawyer was unable to be there.... so now im pissed b/c i just wanted this over and for her to get punished. I want to know if i should file a civil suit for pain & suffering, emotional distress and some other things i had looked up ... i just want to know what i can do to get this girl anyway i can. PLease any advice???

JETX

Rachel98 said:
I want to know if i should file a civil suit for pain & suffering, emotional distress and some other things i had looked up ... i just want to know what i can do to get this girl anyway i can. PLease any advice???
Of course we can't tell you what you should do.... only what you MIGHT do. It sounds like her conduct was sufficient to cause you 'damages' and as such, you could pursue a civil claim against her to try to recover them. However, before you consider filing ANY suit, you should determine whether the defendant/attacker has anything to go after ($$) if, when you win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">