• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

negotiating with prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harold

I was recently arrested for writing in wet cement. I would like to discuss the matter with the prosecution in an effort to reach a compromise on the charges. The problem is that tomorrow I am to appear in court. . .will there be time for me to negotiate or will I have to plead not guilty and hire an attorney who can then discuss a compromise. Will I just have to walk into court and enter a plea or is there any leeway I might be offerred?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Plead not guilty and find a lawyer ASAP. The court will probably grant you a reasonably sufficient amount of time to get a lawyer. Look for a criminal defense attorney who will then try to plea bargain with the prosecution.

Try attorneypages.com or contact your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">