• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Brandished Rifle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Twc561

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

y question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

Hello, tonight while I was walking one of my dogs , the other got out of the house and was running around my yard. She is a puppy and easily excitable so sometimes she is not the best listener. To the north of my house is an empty lot, directly behind the empty lot there is a privacy fence for someones residence. Between the empty lot and privacy fence I believe their is a path ( I believe the proper term is right of way?)...Well , my dog started running down this path (only about 50 feet long) and out of nowhere the owner of the property behind the fence stood up on something ( I presume a ladder) and brandished a large barrel rifle with a scope. He was pointing the rifle in my direction and at my dog and asked what I was doing and why I was back there (I was never near the "right of way" only my dog was there- I stayed on my property) I responded telling him I wasn't "doing anything" and that I was sorry that my dog got back there. His response was "It's not a good idea to come back here" and then once more pointed the rifle in my direction. My dogs always stay on their leash' and this was a lone exception.

My question is did he commit a crime brandishing the weapon and pointing it near me ?

I realize I should probably let this go , I dont want to start a war with my neighbor. I worry about what he might do in the future though as he seems unstable. Do I need to document this with the local police ?

Thank you for your help.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

y question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

Hello, tonight while I was walking one of my dogs , the other got out of the house and was running around my yard. She is a puppy and easily excitable so sometimes she is not the best listener. To the north of my house is an empty lot, directly behind the empty lot there is a privacy fence for someones residence. Between the empty lot and privacy fence I believe their is a path ( I believe the proper term is right of way?)...Well , my dog started running down this path (only about 50 feet long) and out of nowhere the owner of the property behind the fence stood up on something ( I presume a ladder) and brandished a large barrel rifle with a scope. He was pointing the rifle in my direction and at my dog and asked what I was doing and why I was back there (I was never near the "right of way" only my dog was there- I stayed on my property) I responded telling him I wasn't "doing anything" and that I was sorry that my dog got back there. His response was "It's not a good idea to come back here" and then once more pointed the rifle in my direction. My dogs always stay on their leash' and this was a lone exception.

My question is did he commit a crime brandishing the weapon and pointing it near me ?

I realize I should probably let this go , I dont want to start a war with my neighbor. I worry about what he might do in the future though as he seems unstable. Do I need to document this with the local police ?

Thank you for your help.
Personally if a yahoo was pointing a gun at me while I was on MY PROPERTY? I would cal and report said yahoo to the police. But as you are in FL, and they allow "people" that assault police to legally have a gun and shoot a teen with candy and soda? Build a fence...or move away from the said yahoo.

Do not have a hooded top!!!

csi7

I would carry a camera with me and the next time the neighbor did that, have the camera ready to take the time dated picture.

Our neighbor did this, out in the middle of the street, threatening us, we were on our property. The police fella who lives down the street, came outside, and observed.

Once the camera came out, the weapon disappeared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">