• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor harrassing us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aloha43

What is the name of your state? California, Mendocino County

We live in a Mobile Home park. We have a neighbor that yells profanity, and gives us obscene gestures anytime, day or night, whether we are inside or out. If I hear a noise and look out my door she's right there yelling horrible profanity at us in front of my child (14yrs), her children (10 and 3yrs), and all the children in the "very" family mobile home park we live in.

I have complained to the management, the only thing they will do is have me fill out a complaint form to put into her file. I do know that someone else in the park has complained also about this woman for yelling at an 8 year old girl, calling her a f'n little bitch and to stay away from her home. I saw the whole thing.

She's also admitted to stealing out of our back yard. (I am a medical marijuana patient and she took my 3 plants.) I didn't turn this into the police for obvious reasons, besides I have no proof. But that's beside the point.

Can anyone tell me what my options are. I've been living here for 11 years, do I have any rights?

Thank you very much

aloha

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

aloha43 said:

We live in a Mobile Home park. We have a neighbor that yells profanity, and gives us obscene gestures anytime, day or night, whether we are inside or out. If I hear a noise and look out my door she's right there yelling horrible profanity at us in front of my child (14yrs), her children (10 and 3yrs), and all the children in the "very" family mobile home park we live in.

I have complained to the management, the only thing they will do is have me fill out a complaint form to put into her file. I do know that someone else in the park has complained also about this woman for yelling at an 8 year old girl, calling her a f'n little bitch and to stay away from her home. I saw the whole thing.

She's also admitted to stealing out of our back yard. (I am a medical marijuana patient and she took my 3 plants.) I didn't turn this into the police for obvious reasons, besides I have no proof. But that's beside the point.

Can anyone tell me what my options are. I've been living here for 11 years, do I have any rights?

Thank you very much

aloha

=======================================

My response:

Rights to what?

Everything you've said about her says that she's exercising her right to free speech. Read the First Amendment to the Constitution.

IAAL

A

aloha43

Free speech?

This woman is deranged. The rights of free speech only go so far. Her "free" speech includes disgusting four letter words every other word she says. I think that constitutes harrassment.

What happens if her children start talking to their teachers that way, are you going to say that's freedom of speech? Because thats what she's teaching the children in our park.

M

Mac35

if i was you i would see about getting a protection order on count of the children

M

Mac35

Re: Re: neighbor harrassing us

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
aloha43 said:

rights to what?? to live thier lives without harassment thats what rights...

Thank you very much

aloha

=======================================

My response:

Rights to what?

Everything you've said about her says that she's exercising her right to free speech. Read the First Amendment to the Constitution.

IAAL

N

nuisance

Sounds like harrassment to me! I understand that the first amendment is Freedom of Speech, but where do you draw the line? I sure wouldn't want anyone speaking to me like that. I'd get a restraining order if I were you.

A

aloha43

I am a medical marijuana patient. I live in Mendocino county. The police know that I have these plants for medication so I don't have to worry about that.

Since I last replied, this neighbor has screamed profanity at my son and 3 other children in the park and threatened to "slice my cats head off".

I am now in the process of getting a restraining order.

H

hmmbrdzz

I've always been interested in medical marijuana use. I read somewhere last night on the internet that in CA one can grow up to -- I forget how much it said -- for medical use. There is no such law in this state (not that I'd be interested in its use). Do you mean to tell me you can grow pot in your back yard and be OK legally in CA if you've been deemed medically qualified? Is it glaucoma that qualifies one? Around here -- the drug choppers start hovering overhead near the creek banks around August and September, and once the plants are spotted -- armed narcotics officers on 4 wheelers go into the woods and seize all the plants about "harvest time". Serious serious stuff around here to be caught growing weed.

Glad you're getting a restraining order.

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In 1996, Californians voted for, and passed, the "Medical Marijuana Initiative", becoming California law in 1997. However, the Federal Government, and especially, the United States Supreme Court, had a little something to say about THAT!

Suffice it to say, our writer can be arrested for cultivation and distribution for sale of Marijuana. She "thinks" she's legal "because she has a doctor's prescription." However, she couldn't be more wrong.

Want to read more about it?

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june01/medmarijuana_5-14.html

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

Yeah it is, isn't it! Daggone glaucoma anyhow.

Good info, IAAL. (snow's coming!)

And to the lady with glaucoma -- get your cat inside so that nasty neighbor won't slice it's poor head off! Don't cuss back at the her. Just take ya an extra dose of that medicine.

hmmbrdzz

D

djprice

Got good water pressure ?

If she lives that close spray her ass down with water every time she starts yelling profanity laced riddles, sooner or later she'll get the hint. She can call the police and allegate that you're assaulting her, but upon discovery of the weapon of choice the police should laugh it off and leave. At least I would. Medical marijuana, right what a farse. Damn hippy doctors trying to get that crap legalized. you need to move to Canada if your gonna use it, they're on the verge of legalizing it here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">