• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Prima5

What is the name of your state?
Texas

I have this neighbor that constantly harrasses my husband and I. We try to avoid going by this man's house but on the occassion that we do when we walk our dog, if his dog barks because he sees us, he comes out and accuses us of letting our dog poop in his yard, which he NEVER has, and cusses at us. He had stopped for a long time but last night, he started again and called the cops on us! LOL He has apparently followed us to our home to get our address and look up my husband's name on the county tax records on the internet. We have caught him stalking us before when we're walking our dog at night and he's in his car. He told the cops that we were in his yard, which is a lie. He admits that he didn't actually see us do that or our dog poop in his yard (because the dog didn't and we were on the public sidewalk!) and also admits to cussing at us but lied and said that we did it first. I plan on talking a tape recorder and get a video camera to prove that he is the one harassing us but is there anything else we can do? The fact that he has followed us, found out where we lived, and gotten our names from the County Tax office is scary! What can we do to let him know that we are not going to lay down and let him harass us? Oh, he makes racial comments like, "I know you're not from here. Where are you from?" Which is hilarious because I'm from Texas and my husband's from Chicago! LOL But he is obviously prejudice and has it our for us. The police suggested that we not walk on the public sidewalk near his house but we said that's unreasonable. Why should we be punished for his blatant prejudice? Why should WE have to be the ones that restrict ourselves in our own neighborhood? Oh, btw, we have witnesses that can attest to the fact that they have seen us pick-up after our dog in other areas of the neighborhood and have even offered to let us throw it in their trash can because they appreciate us picking-up after the dog!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Prima5
Texas

janimal

Honestly, just stay away from his house. You ask why should you - because if you don't more drama will ensue. Just stay away and I bet he'll find someone else to harass.

You have an easy resolution to your problem - no reason to make it more complicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">