• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Kids Toys Left In My Yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hammer71

What is the name of your state? IL

In relation to a Previous Post I asked, what am I legally allowed to do in regards to the Neighbors Kids leaving thier toys in my yard almost every day? I've been picking them up and taking them back to their own yard just about every single night after work. The last thing I feel like doing at 1 in the morning is picking up dang toys outta my yard! I've asked repeatedly of them to stop letting their kids play in my yard when I'm at work, but they still allow it!

What can I legally do with their Toys? It is such a nuisance and is, well, quite frrankly, just plain out pi**ing me off to no end!

Curt581

Hammer71 said:
What can I legally do with their Toys? It is such a nuisance and is, well, quite frrankly, just plain out pi**ing me off to no end!
First, how old are these kids?

If they're very young (3-6ish), maybe you can lock the toys in the garage or shed until they come looking for them. When they ask, give the toys back... but tell them next time, they won't ever get them back. Tell the kids themselves not to play in your yard.

If they're older (12-16), it's probably time to get the cops involved.

HomeGuru

Hammer71 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

In relation to a Previous Post I asked, what am I legally allowed to do in regards to the Neighbors Kids leaving thier toys in my yard almost every day? I've been picking them up and taking them back to their own yard just about every single night after work. The last thing I feel like doing at 1 in the morning is picking up dang toys outta my yard! I've asked repeatedly of them to stop letting their kids play in my yard when I'm at work, but they still allow it!

**A: collect the toys and sell it back to the neighbors at your next yard sale.

Hammer71

The kids are 4 and 2. Yes quite young, but it is the Parents that allow it to continue. I swear I'm just about to Ice Pick the next dang soccer ball left in my yard, then toss it back over to their yard. Guess I'll contact a Lawyer in the morning ask ask a few questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">