• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor is now a physical threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmarie623

What is the name of your state? Texas

My neighbor's brother is in his mid 20's and visits her every weekend. It seems that every visit he makes...something coincidently happens to my garbage bins. The first incident, my brother witnessed the guy push our trash bins, with his vehicle, to the end of our street. No reason for it that I'm aware. We confronted his sister about the situation and he came over to apologize-adding that we shouldn't get his family involved b/c "he knows people that would cut up someone". The guy isn't mentally stable so I just blew it off. Since then our trashcans have been the target about every other week ONLY when we are not home. Last night the line was drawn when someone threw a baseball sized rock through our window while we left for less than 30 minutes. He was there that night, however we have no proof that it was him. I am trying to keep an open mind about this--maybe it was someone else...but we really have no problems with neighbors. Whoever did it was in our yard right next to the window. I don't know where to begin except to get a report going (documentation) with the police about this incident. Short from staying at home with my vehicle parked elsewhere and waiting with a camera to prove it's him...what can I do to stop this? I'm afraid it will escalate and I'll just keep having no way to get the law after him. I'm also concerned that since he is mentally unstable (I believe he has a handicap parking pass for this reason) I will have problems getting anyone to do anything about it. I just need direction because talking to his family again will obviously do no good. Sadly, I am having to go the route of pictures, but will pictures even hold up these days?What is the name of your state?

HappyHusband

tmarie623 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My neighbor's brother is in his mid 20's and visits her every weekend. It seems that every visit he makes...something coincidently happens to my garbage bins. The first incident, my brother witnessed the guy push our trash bins, with his vehicle, to the end of our street. No reason for it that I'm aware. We confronted his sister about the situation and he came over to apologize-adding that we shouldn't get his family involved b/c "he knows people that would cut up someone". The guy isn't mentally stable so I just blew it off. Since then our trashcans have been the target about every other week ONLY when we are not home. Last night the line was drawn when someone threw a baseball sized rock through our window while we left for less than 30 minutes. He was there that night, however we have no proof that it was him. I am trying to keep an open mind about this--maybe it was someone else...but we really have no problems with neighbors. Whoever did it was in our yard right next to the window. I don't know where to begin except to get a report going (documentation) with the police about this incident. Short from staying at home with my vehicle parked elsewhere and waiting with a camera to prove it's him...what can I do to stop this? I'm afraid it will escalate and I'll just keep having no way to get the law after him. I'm also concerned that since he is mentally unstable (I believe he has a handicap parking pass for this reason) I will have problems getting anyone to do anything about it. I just need direction because talking to his family again will obviously do no good. Sadly, I am having to go the route of pictures, but will pictures even hold up these days?What is the name of your state?
I'm also concerned that since he is mentally unstable (I believe he has a handicap parking pass for this reason) I will have problems getting anyone to do anything about it.

Retarded people are held liable like everyone else when their actions cause damage to others.

but will pictures even hold up these days?

Heck yeah!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">