• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighborhood Kids body slaming my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yourwickedness

Hello i live in las vegas nevada. i really need advice on how to handle it when three Neighborhood Kids body slaming my car, my husband and i where driving up our block my husband in one truck and i'm in another we got about three house's away from ours and i see three kids jumping and body slamming onto our caddie. as we pulled up they look scared and befor i looked at the damage i told them to leave and called the police and they said scince i know them they would'nt file a report. i talked to one of the boys grandmas and she did'nt really care and the only comment she made was why did my boy let them.
besides my husband and i seeing them my neighbors across the street also seen them all. there parents are a pain to deal with they act as if im just accusing there kids to do it. if anyone could point me in the right direction on steps to handle this i would be most greatful.
Pilar Enneper
[email protected]

O

OSNNG2L

To be straight forward in regards to your matter, then I guess the question is how well on a personal level do you know these people?

My guess is some but not enough for them to truly expect you and your property. First thing I would have done is took pictures of the incident (if there being damage?) and filed a police report. Since talk to the grandparent(s) about the matter did not seem to resolve anything then I would have persued the incident in civil court and collected some kind of punitive damages for the destruction of property (again if there being damage). If you couldn't have collected it from the kids, then you could have collected it from their parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) if need be.

Also after the issue if you fear of further damage being done or personal reprocussions from the incident, then you could have filed restraining orders against those who are causing the problems and/or damage to your property.

Other than that if you wish not to persue it any further and verbally disciplining them in your own manner as the actions didn't stop or you feel it was not enough but wish to not further pursue legal actions, then I can only make one other suggestion. Find a new place to move and live in to get away from all the problems you have around there...

But I wish you the best in what ever you decide to do...

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">